Aug 18, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #811 of 1,457
Just received it home and loving it.

Attachments

• 20200818_195355.jpg
    20200818_195355.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Aug 18, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #812 of 1,457
Just received it home and loving it.

Those S8Z are pretty great too! After just a touch of EQ to take off some sibilance, I've been finding those are my current go-to earphones. They definitely play to the Lotoo's strengths in detail and clarity.

Aug 19, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #813 of 1,457
Mine arrived this morning....

It sounds as good as I had hoped... I’m really pleased I took the plunge after doing far too much dosh on trying so so many different makes and models...!

I wish I would have found these a few grand back..! :wink:

I can’t believe how much it opens up my Solaris..! And the Ara’s sound fantastic...!

Ihave put my WM1A away for now and once I have really got to grips with the 6K I am likely to sell it....

My only gripe is the quality of the instruction book... it’s clearly not been written for an idiot like me...!

Does anyone know how I get into the EQ adjustments... I have found the presets and how to add a saved preset but I am struggling to find how I can adjust the EQ ...?

But anyone on the fence about this should jump off and buy one.... !

My DSF files sound fantastic and easily much better than my WM1A or any other DAP..

I am looking forward to trying different cables etc

And wow is it fast and responsive... easily the best I have experienced..!

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #814 of 1,457
Does anyone know how I get into the EQ adjustments... I have found the presets and how to add a saved preset but I am struggling to find how I can adjust the EQ ...?

How to find EQ or PMEQ settings, or how to create a custom EQ, or how to make a user EQ setting:

First, from home screen: Settings > Hardware Decode > [set to Auto]

Then, from the home screen: Settings > EQ Settings > PMEQ > [click the file icon in the top right corner] > [click "add" at the middle bottom] > [name the EQ file] > [click OK] > You're in!

Couldn't be simpler! :upside_down:

[Edited to make this post more searchable and complete.]

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #815 of 1,457
From the home screen: Settings > EQ Settings > PMEQ > [click the file icon in the top right corner] > [click "add" at the middle bottom] > [name the EQ file] > [click OK] > You're in!

Couldn't be simpler! :upside_down:

Thanks mate I appreciate your help. I will give it a try now... I didn’t realise that you needed to create a file... I saw the option and tried it with the presets but that was as far as I went...

Thanks again 😀

Aug 19, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #816 of 1,457
Thanks mate I appreciate your help. I will give it a try now... I didn’t realise that you needed to create a file... I saw the option and tried it with the presets but that was as far as I went...

Thanks again 😀

Man, I would LOVE if you could see the PMEQ settings, like the actual values, for the EQ presets! And, even better, be able to tweak them and save them as a new PMEQ option.

I am dying to know what that Headphone preset is doing, cuz that s*** is magic.

Aug 20, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #819 of 1,457
I've tried Utopia and Stellia with lp6k: this headphones require only "big" amplifiers. They sounded weak with dacportable, CDM. With Focal Arche it was really special experience. Best sound i've met in my life.

Aug 20, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #820 of 1,457
I m using hugo, exasound and gs x mini. I would like to extend the experience with a good dap since I have even th900 atlas and jvc 850 iem.
Also to get something easier and faster to listen every time on a while when I don t have so much time..
.. From my experience stellia are enjoyable from a dap

Aug 20, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #821 of 1,457
I spent last night playing around with the EQ...

It’s better than I expected... !!

It’s so very very detailed in the way you can micro adjust your gains and it allows you to do it across a full spectrum of frequencies...

It’s more flexible than any I have used before..., in a word ... Wow!!

The changes I can achieve for my Ara or Solaris are wide ranging.....

I have found my keeper....! 😃

Aug 20, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #822 of 1,457
I spent last night playing around with the EQ...

It’s better than I expected... !!

It’s so very very detailed in the way you can micro adjust your gains and it allows you to do it across a full spectrum of frequencies...

It’s more flexible than any I have used before..., in a word ... Wow!!

The changes I can achieve for my Ara or Solaris are wide ranging.....

I have found my keeper....! 😃
Hows Paw6k compared to WM1A with WM1A/Z++ custom firmware?

Aug 20, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #823 of 1,457
Hows Paw6k compared to WM1A with WM1A/Z++ custom firmware?

I have only very briefly heard a K mod WM1A and my memory of it was that the WM1A was very warm rather than the natural of the unmodded...

The P6K is much more neutral but there’s a lot of flexibility, I have found, in the PMEQ... the Solaris sounds much more airer and I know exactly how that holographic stage should sound now I have heard them on the P6K...
The Ara sound is really complemented by the P6K ...

I am blown away by the P6K....for me it’s far better than any DAP I have owned or heard....

II am enjoying it so much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back