Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Aug 13, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #798 of 1,457
Hi guys
I am expecting my 6K soon and I have done the usual read of the manual on line...

Does anyone know when inserting the SD card if it needs to be clean or can you just pop your existing full SD card into it ...?

The SD card is currently in my WM1A....

And if I don’t need to clean the SD card prior to installing on the 6K.. is it advisable to ? I mean is there an improvement in the quality of the files being read by starting from scratch...?

I am looking forward to hearing it for myself... especially with my CA Ara’s and Solaris OG..

Thanks 😊

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #799 of 1,457
Hi guys
I am expecting my 6K soon and I have done the usual read of the manual on line...

Does anyone know when inserting the SD card if it needs to be clean or can you just pop your existing full SD card into it ...?

And if I don’t need to clean the SD card prior to installing on the 6K.. is it advisable to ? I mean is there an improvement in the quality of the files being read by starting from scratch...?

I am looking forward to hearing it for myself... especially with my CA Ara’s and Solaris OG..

Thanks 😊

If it is just music files, I do not see why you couldn't just put the card in the LP6k with the music on it. If you wipe the card and put the music back on it, you end up at the same end point.

Aug 13, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #800 of 1,457
Hi guys

Thanks 😊

The LP6K is most compatible with exFAT format type micro sd card, so if you wanted the best optimization with loading and playback, you may have to reformat the micro sd card on the Lotoo to make it exFAT and copy all your music back to the card.

Although I've heard of people using FAT32 format and contents still load ok on the player.

Aug 13, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #801 of 1,457
Thanks for the replies... I appreciate your help

I did read about the exFAT & FAT32.... earlier in this thread.... but I wasn’t sure if the SD card coming out of my WM1A was one or the other...

From that I was then wondering if I was better , not only, reformatting the card but if I should also transfer my music files using the 6000 rather than just loading the card directly from my laptop...

Thanks again 😃

Aug 13, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #802 of 1,457
Thanks for the replies... I appreciate your help

I did read about the exFAT & FAT32.... earlier in this thread.... but I wasn’t sure if the SD card coming out of my WM1A was one or the other...

From that I was then wondering if I was better , not only, reformatting the card but if I should also transfer my music files using the 6000 rather than just loading the card directly from my laptop...

Thanks again 😃

You can check the type of format in Microsoft Windows and with a card reader.

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #803 of 1,457
I'm considering pairing Lotoo Paw 6000 with Noble Audio Katana (
it will come next week ).
Do you have a recommendation, experiences with this combination?
..or WM1A or WM1Z ?
Dilemma, which player to buy?

Thanks for yours answers.
Ladislav.

Aug 15, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #804 of 1,457
I'm considering pairing Lotoo Paw 6000 with Noble Audio Katana (
it will come next week ).
Do you have a recommendation, experiences with this combination?
..or WM1A or WM1Z ?
Dilemma, which player to buy?

Thanks for yours answers.
Ladislav.

I heard the Nobles at a show but they weren’t really my cup of tea.... I found the bass and mids bleed... or blur...

I listened to them on my WM1A and my cable and I was glad I could go back to my Solaris...

My experience of the WM1Z was a while ago but for me it’s a great sound but too warm for my taste.... I have always gone back to the WM1A even after selling the first one I had... and trying so many others... I bought another WM1A... because it’s sound for me is more natural..

I am waiting on the LP6K so I haven’t heard it yet but I am hoping it will be a neutral or uncoloured sound...

Because I have limited access to sample or test iems and players even cables... The only way I found of helping come to a personal decision for my choice was to find reviews of equipment I have heard for myself and once I read a review or comment that sort of matched what I heard in terms of the writers experience I would then search for any reviews or comments by those same people regarding other iems or players etc....
Of course it doesn’t work every time but it’s a way for me to target certain models and consider synergy....

As synergy is possibly the most influential aspect of what we hear and enjoy.... arguably.... It is, for me about achieving A Set up where the ‘sum is greater than its parts’ if you see what I mean...

Aug 15, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #806 of 1,457
Aug 16, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #807 of 1,457
Throwing in another comparison request. Between the Lotoo Paw 6000 and FiiO M11 pro, how they differ and which is the "better" option, android OS aside, just sonic.

I have compared L6k with Fiio M15. Same price range in my country.

I bought the L6k.
Few consideration:
1.) L6k is smaller, lighter and more responsive UI
2.) I don't need streaming or Android UI
3.) Imho, L6k is more musical compare to Fiio M15 more analytics sound.

Aug 16, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #808 of 1,457

I bought the L6k.
Few consideration:

Thanks for the comparison. It really helps alot as i used to have the M15 before replacing it with the M11 pro stainless steel edition. :relaxed:

Aug 16, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #809 of 1,457

I bought the L6k.
Few consideration:
I heard the P6k this weekend at the Shanghai Headphones Expo. Big show, like a Canjam but larger. It was pretty busy and I didn't have that long there, but managed to try a bunch of DAPs including M15 (I currently have the M11Pro), P6k, Plenue R2, Colorfly U6, and also a re-listen to an Oriolus DP100 gold/copper edition.

In all honesty, they are each impressive in their own way and just made me feel there's plenty of good options out there - it's a good time to be into portable players. But I agree the size and functionality of the P6k (bluetooth in and out, USB audio and pure player) mixed with it's SQ is a good combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back