Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jul 7, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #1,141 of 1,457
PAW6K and C9 - from what I’ve read, they seem to be a good pairing? I might have to get saving!
Yes excellent pairing, for around $3K for the PAW6K and C9 you got sound that is for any driver that has a dynamic driver (and any IEM that sounds better with extra power, like Thummim) more engaging than all 3K plus DAPs I have heard.

You are less portable if you still want something small that you can take with you and is battery powered, this is a great choice as a pairing.

The PAW6K line out is before the volume control and before the PAW amplification. And that allows the C9 to have complete control on amplification, no issues with double amping. The PAW screen can be flipped which allows the stack to make sense from a use perspective.

Love this combo.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #1,142 of 1,457
Yes excellent pairing, for around $3K for the PAW6K and C9 you got sound that is for any driver that has a dynamic driver (and any IEM that sounds better with extra power, like Thummim) more engaging than all 3K plus DAPs I have heard.

You are less portable if you still want something small that you can take with you and is battery powered, this is a great choice as a pairing.

The PAW6K line out is before the volume control and before the PAW amplification. And that allows the C9 to have complete control on amplification, no issues with double amping. The PAW screen can be flipped which allows the stack to make sense from a use perspective.

Love this combo.
Thanks for the insight. I have the Thummim too so that’s good to hear. I’m now (and probably forever), home based as far as work is concerned so transportable vs truly portable is fine for me.

Jul 7, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #1,143 of 1,457
I cover the PAW 6000’s EQ and ATE functionalities fairly thoroughly on my review: https://theheadphonelist.com/lotoo-paw-6000-trickling-gold-a-digital-audio-player-review/3

If what you want is to alleviate darkness, you could do it in one of two ways. You could dip the bass between around 100-300Hz with a BPF (band-pass filter) to cut back on some warmth. Or, you could lift frequencies above 8-10kHz with a BPF as well for some added openness and air. But, as always, it’s best to play around and fine-tune it yourself to get the exact sound you’re looking for.
Thank you Deezel177 as always great info and timely to boot!
Always enjoy reading your posts!

Zg1984
Thank you for the kind words!
I can't add much more than what Deezel177 has added above, as I was going to recommend looking at his review and others out there specifically discussing the use of the Parametric EQ on Lotoo devices (you might have to look at a few reviews of the Lotoo Paw Touch Gold also for some hints). The use of a Parametric EQ is one of the nice things about the PAW6000 and the PAW Gold touch.

The other thing you may want to consider, is changing out your cable on the JH Audio.
While not bad stock, you can "tune" the sound via cables also. (Sorry if I'm opening up the war about cables. Will add its IMO and don't expect a cable to change the entire personality of a Headphone/IEM, but I truely believe if close, it can tune in what you are looking for)
I have done that also and for made a world of difference to my Roxanne's and truly enhanced my Jolene's. Not sure what your looking for but there are some great reviews out their for cables, and quite a number of makers do make for the JH Audio 4 pin. For the newer 7pin only a few today but many are committing to make for the 7pin connector (I chose to use the older 4pin connector so I could have a wider choice of cables to use)

But back on topic, I think you will enjoy the synergy of your IEM's with the PAW6000 and its not just with the JH Audio but any other IEM you may move to in the future.
Hopefully like me it will be an investment well made, well at least until Upgradeidis takes hold. Like its been said here on Head-fi. Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet :wink:

Jul 14, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #1,144 of 1,457
Hi all,

I was looking for a non Android DAP and read up on so many reviews and this thread and….since yesterday I joined the 6000 party.

What a great little DAP and happy to experience its virtues mentioned here first hand.

This thread was also great to prepare my 512GB sd card and revisit the tagging.

I mostly listen to the multiple Grados in my collection and Andromeda IEM (v2019).

Attachments

• IMG_1737.JPG
    IMG_1737.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jul 14, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #1,146 of 1,457
C9 is a worthy addition to everyone's arsenal but it certainly sounds especially lovely with the PAW6K.👌

P1090427.JPG
+1
Looks like an interesting painting in the background of your photo.

Jul 14, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #1,147 of 1,457
+1
Looks like an interesting painting in the background of your photo.
Thank you; that's my dear Auntie Patty. Born in 1985, but she didn't age too well. She was previously the guardian of my headphones until she came out as a Beats fan last year and I had to disown her. Next to her is Uncle Keith, who's obviously having a bit of a cheeky fiddle. :confused:

*Real story: no idea who they are; the apartment came fully furnished - and indeed, transported - from the 19th century*

P1070209.jpg

Jul 17, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #1,148 of 1,457
C9 is a worthy addition to everyone's arsenal but it certainly sounds especially lovely with the PAW6K.👌

P1090427.JPG
Any other PAW6K amp pairings that people would recommend?

Jul 18, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #1,150 of 1,457
Really enjoyed the Romi BX2 Plus when I had it. If you could track down a Fostex HP-V1, that would also be good.
Thanks. The ROMI definitely looks an interesting option

Jul 31, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #1,154 of 1,457
The only limit I hit so far is with play list, using lossless, a single playlist topped out at 8,169 tracks.

Than I just started another playlist and kept going. I was listening to everything I own and than adding songs to a couple different mood playlists, this way I could hear only great songs one after another. No idea how many tracks I have on this player probably over 20,000.

Aug 15, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #1,155 of 1,457
Hi all. I just got the Sony WF-1000 XM4 wireless earbuds and have a weird issue with my 6000. They connect to bluetooth LDAC without issues but voices shift from center to right and back every 30 seconds or so. I did a disconnect/connect but the issue remains. I also have a A&K sr25 and no issue at all (LDAC). Raised this in the Sony thread as well :wink:.

Edit: when setting the audio output in the sony app to prioritize connection the Lotoo sends out SBC and no more issues. Unfortunately the audio quality is as known not on par with LDAC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back