Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Aug 15, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #1,156 of 1,457
Hi all. I just got the Sony WF-1000 XM4 wireless earbuds and have a weird issue with my 6000. They connect to bluetooth LDAC without issues but voices shift from center to right and back every 30 seconds or so. I did a disconnect/connect but the issue remains. I also have a A&K sr25 and no issue at all (LDAC). Raised this in the Sony thread as well :wink:.

Edit: when setting the audio output in the sony app to prioritize connection the Lotoo sends out SBC and no more issues. Unfortunately the audio quality is as known not on par with LDAC.
I don't have this DAP, but since I gave you a little help at the WF-1000XM4 thread I thought I would chime in here. For what you pay for this DAP it is probably worth it to send an email to Lotoo support about this problem. Maybe the issue is related to bluetooth dac functionality. The XM4 has a microphone, so maybe the PAW 6000 in LDAC mode is switching bluetooth transmit and dac function because it is sensing bluetooth audio input? Ok, that scenario is probably unlikely, just a thought. Hopefully Lotoo will have an answer for you.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #1,158 of 1,457
Did anyone test new version of the firmware? I haven't seen notes yet, but FB page of Lotoo says 6k received mqa support with last update.
I’m in the lengthy process of downloading it and installing. Notes said MQA mostly but also some playlist and Bluetooth DAC reconnect improvements which I will gladly check out. My iPad would never reconnect unless done manually. No issues with my Android phone.

Been 50 mins and I’m at 65% of 55MB. Feels like 1998.

Aug 19, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #1,159 of 1,457
I’m in the lengthy process of downloading it and installing. Notes said MQA mostly but also some playlist and Bluetooth DAC reconnect improvements which I will gladly check out. My iPad would never reconnect unless done manually. No issues with my Android phone.

Been 50 mins and I’m at 65% of 55MB. Feels like 1998.

More complicated direct install process, but you can download it from their site, could be faster: http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/

Aug 19, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #1,160 of 1,457
More complicated direct install process, but you can download it from their site, could be faster: http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/
Oh totally, it's what I did the previous times. I just wanted to try the wifi download and while it worked with no issues, >1h for 55MB is from a different millenia! :)

I can confirm the iPad Bluetooth auto-reconnect issue is gone. Can't check for MQA as I don't have any MQA files and don't use Tidal.

Aug 19, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #1,161 of 1,457
Oh totally, it's what I did the previous times. I just wanted to try the wifi download and while it worked with no issues, >1h for 55MB is from a different millenia! :)

I can confirm the iPad Bluetooth auto-reconnect issue is gone. Can't check for MQA as I don't have any MQA files and don't use Tidal.

For test purpose, you can find MQAs here: http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

Aug 19, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #1,163 of 1,457
For test purpose, you can find MQAs here: http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

I tried the MQA stereo original resolution Kyrie song from the list above and it is playing fine. Roon shows a FLAC 44.1kHz, 16bit, MQA 352.8kHz format and it's played at 88.2kHz in Roon due to 1st unfold only on a RME ADI-2 DAC FS. LP6K shows a 352K/8X samplerate, 24bits, 1312KBPS.

IMG_20210819_132806.jpg

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #1,165 of 1,457
Did anyone compared LP6K with iBasso DX300?
Yes, I A/Bed them recently in a meetup. In the end, apart from OS/display - I found the iBasso DX300 to be inferior in every single aspect. It's nowhere near as resolving as the LP6K and also the imaging is more diffused. One area where the DX300 does slightly better is soundstage width, but that also hurts its imaging prowess. If you want utmost resolution along with precise imaging and dynamics - LP6K is still better than DX300 (with default amp card).

However, the Amp 12 might change things, though I'll be skeptic there since the DAC section itself is better implemented on the LP6K compared to DX300.

Sep 2, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #1,166 of 1,457
Yes, I A/Bed them recently in a meetup. In the end, apart from OS/display - I found the iBasso DX300 to be inferior in every single aspect. It's nowhere near as resolving as the LP6K and also the imaging is more diffused. One area where the DX300 does slightly better is soundstage width, but that also hurts its imaging prowess. If you want utmost resolution along with precise imaging and dynamics - LP6K is still better than DX300 (with default amp card).

However, the Amp 12 might change things, though I'll be skeptic there since the DAC section itself is better implemented on the LP6K compared to DX300.
I agree with this. I have both and I seem to reach out for my LP6k 80% of the time. However, I do use my 6k with an external Cayin C9.

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #1,168 of 1,457
Could someone share some tips on adjusting the eq, it's not as intuitive as other players. Thanks.
Well, its a 5 band PMEQ so its like if you had 5 regular EQ bands but for which you will have to define the exact parameters.

So when adding a new PMEQ from the settings menu (must set Hardware decode to auto), choose EQ settings, PMEQ, icon at the top right and add at the bottom. You give it a name and then you see the 5 possible bands, 1 to 5. Click on the first one and set the parameters. The graph will only show you the results of what you set up:

Type: LSF (low shelf filter), BPF (band pass filter), HPF (high pass filter). Try em up, you will see in the graph above what they are.
Frequency (F0Hz): anywhere from 0 to 19999Hz
Gain: in 0.1 increments from -11.9 to +11.9.
Q or Q factor: thats the « sharpness » of the EQ slope. 0.1 slow slope to 0.9 fastest slope. Watch the graph as you change the value.

Regular EQ are similar to a BPF type with variable Q per device at fixed frequencies where you set the gain only.

Takes a bit of fiddling to get the hang of it. Once saved, you will see it in the list of available PMEQ options to activate whenever you want so you can have a bunch depending on the connected devices.

Hope this helps a bit!

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #1,169 of 1,457
Sep 11, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #1,170 of 1,457
Well, its a 5 band PMEQ so its like if you had 5 regular EQ bands but for which you will have to define the exact parameters.

So when adding a new PMEQ from the settings menu (must set Hardware decode to auto), choose EQ settings, PMEQ, icon at the top right and add at the bottom. You give it a name and then you see the 5 possible bands, 1 to 5. Click on the first one and set the parameters. The graph will only show you the results of what you set up:

Type: LSF (low shelf filter), BPF (band pass filter), HPF (high pass filter). Try em up, you will see in the graph above what they are.
Q or Q factor: thats the « sharpness » of the EQ slope. 0.1 slow slope to 0.9 fastest slope. Watch the graph as you change the value.

Regular EQ are similar to a BPF type with variable Q per device at fixed frequencies where you set the gain only.

Takes a bit of fiddling to get the hang of it. Once saved, you will see it in the list of available PMEQ options to activate whenever you want so you can have a bunch depending on the connected devices.

Hope this helps a bit!

Thank you. I've created a custom setting quite easily and tried to adjust the frequencies but there are lots of adjustments to make and it's very involved. I guess it's a question of getting used to it, I was hoping I could just touch the screen to adjust each frequency.

Sounds like a very good EQ.

It's adjusting between the 5 bands I'm finding difficult. Doing one setting and saving helps and then go back in and adjust another part otherwise it quickly messes up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back