Lost my Fischer Audio's DBA-02, do i get IE8
Sep 9, 2010 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Pushifer

Head-Fier
I lost my one week old DBA-02. :frowning2: :frowning2:

I loved them, and their sound. My question is, since i payed almost the same price (had to pay taxes on the DBA-02) of the IE8, which ones should i buy ( question to ppl who have listen to both).

Resume : with DBA-02 and IE8 at the same price, which to pick ?

Hope the person who found them, appreciates them.

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #2 of 11
I haven't heard the dba-02, but from what I've read, they have a sound signature completely different from the IE8. You could miss the clarity of the dba-02, buy you would gain smoothness and a warmer sound.
Don't know if you will like it, though, as they are completely different beasts. I'd say those are two pairs that should complete each other, not compete with each other.

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #3 of 11

Quote:

I loved them, and their sound. My question is, since i payed almost the same price (had to pay taxes on the DBA-02) of the IE8, which ones should i buy ( question to ppl who have listen to both).

Ouch!  
blink.gif
 Wow, that just made me sad, especially because I'm trying to get my hands on a pair myself. Chances are the person who finds them will have absolutely no idea what they just landed on!  
etysmile.gif
 Anyways, if you like the sound, why change it? If you get the IE8 you may end up liking it, but I bet you're gonna miss your DBAs. Were yours even burned in yet?

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #4 of 11

Quote:

WHere are you in Lisbon?
I will go now and look for them
very_evil_smiley.gif

IE8 is very different sounding IEM compared to DBA.
One is Dynamic and DBA is BA (Balanced armature)

IE8 has much thicker bass and is rather more expensive then DBA. How much do you pay taxes to import DBA to Portugal?

Let me suggest you, if looking for something which is an alternative to IE8, but with lower price check Radius DDM HP-TWF11
This have a very powerful bass and among best sound stage and instrument separation considering tis price range.  ($180 USD)
You also can get them in Spain at zococity.es, ( I read this on spanish forum)
http://blogoblo.blogspot.com/2010/07/radius-hp-twf11r-cuando-menos-es-mas.html

Sep 9, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #5 of 11
the dba cost me 165 euros plus 40 taxes, i can get the ie8 for 210 euros.

plus the ie8 has swappable cable which is a huge plus for me. 

Sep 9, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #7 of 11
wider sound stage, more bass, more bass, more bass and more bass. Also the IE8 replacement cables are pretty expensive aren't they?

Sep 9, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
wider sound stage, more bass, more bass, more bass and more bass. Also the IE8 replacement cables are pretty expensive aren't they?

I wasn't talking to you lol.  
tongue.gif

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #9 of 11
LOL,

Well I'm so damn pissed of by loosing the damn phones I think  I can't buy them again. I had it coming to me, when FedEx delivered the package they gave it to my neighbor. I had lost them already once, to be found in a friends car.
It's a curse, and I think i will go postal if I loose them again.

More seriously I always had the curiosity to try the IE8. I can live with more bass, but i need that instrument separation of the DBA-02, will I have that with the IE8 ?

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #11 of 11
The DBA-02 and IE8 are polar opposites in just about every way.

If you want something like the DBA-02 but not the DBA-02, the SE535 is probably the closest.  Otherwise you just buy another DBA-02.  If you want a different sound signature, then you buy something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back