Los Angeles Area Mega Meet, Saturday July 11th
Jul 12, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #226 of 245
Attended my first meet yesterday, had a great time listening to a variety of stuff. Thanks to the IPodPJ and to everyone who brought their gear.

I look forward to the next one!
smile_phones.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #227 of 245
I'd like to ad my wholehearted appreciation to Phil and ALL the attendees at yesterday's meet. Way to go PJ for all your hard work in pulling this off, but KUDOS to EVERYONE who made it there-to-share. Some most excellent gear was available for the sampling, and I had some great dialog with many of "knuckle-head-fiers" in attendance...Gary, John, and Dave in particular. It was fun putting faces with the names and sharing some serious listening with other serious listeners. I wish I could have stayed till the finale/dinner, but I had to hit the road around 5-ish.
Looking forward to the pics and more comments.
You Guys Rocked!
Thanks Again;
Tim

Sep 16, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #232 of 245
I had posted a thread about this over a month ago and got crucified and belittled by certain people and mods (not even in L.A.) not liking the fact that I wanted to charge up front for the event since I did not have enough to lay out on my own. Finally I said to hell with it and the thread was closed.

If you guys want to have a meet, send me a PM and we can discuss it. I'm all for meeting up again with you guys.

Sep 17, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #233 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had posted a thread about this over a month ago and got crucified and belittled by certain people and mods (not even in L.A.) not liking the fact that I wanted to charge up front

W H A T ? ? ?
That's STUPID!! We did it just like that and every one was pleased as punch last time! There's no Head-Fi rule against it is there??

Besides, you weren't 'CHARGING' anything. To do so, you would need to earn a PROFIT. Either that, or make money over what the event cost for a charity, or Head-Fi, etc. You were simply setting up the event for everyone, and we were giving you our share of the money to do it.

It's no different than renting a hotel room or back room in a bar for a poker game. As long as you aren't profiting off the event, it's perfectly legal to set up the event, and to gamble.

Did you at least tell them to have a steaming cup of ****? LOL

I have a bit of time on my hands, maybe I can jump in and help if you like...

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #236 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some felt it necessary to ask for a complete accounting of the money.

I think that's WAY out of line. Are there any 'rules' here on Head-Fi that say so? Even if there are, you clearly do not fall into the 'Charging' or 'for Profit' category.

Did you report these 'mods'? I think they've far overstepped their bounds. Completely uncalled for, especially if they aren't even in town.

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #237 of 245
I'm down to go to another meet. I had lots of fun at the last one and it'd be great to get some decent amount of time with the K1000 and HD800. I'll bring pretty much everything I brought last time plus a Parasound 1100 and some other stuff.

A suggestion: is it normal for a room to cost as much as the last hotel? If not, we could always go to a cheaper place. I don't really care if the hotel looks nice or not, as long as there's enough room for us I'm happy. I think many others felt the same way, but I could be wrong. Also, maybe we could do a raffle or something to raise some money for the room? Just throwing out some suggestions, as I'd very much like to meet up with you guys again.

Sep 17, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #238 of 245
Ya that last thread was ugly and the comments were uncalled for as well as from people not even involved. I checked on it when it was already ugly and couldn't believe poor PJ put up with it as long as he did.

Sep 17, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #239 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya that last thread was ugly and the comments were uncalled for as well as from people not even involved. I checked on it when it was already ugly and couldn't believe poor PJ put up with it as long as he did.

Link? Can't seem to find it. I'm happy to chime in and tell those folks to mind their own business. What PJ did was in the highest of spirits regarding what Head-Fi is about. Nobody made any money, nor did anyone set out to. Frankly, if he'd have taken a couple hundred for all his time and effort, I'd be totally fine with that too.

The more I think of it, the more I think those folks must be morons.

I have some new stuff I'd bring too, I'd love to hear some DAC's, and I'd love to focus on headphones like the HD-800 and some Grado's instead of amps this time.

Sep 17, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #240 of 245
Fear not IPodPJ fans!

As we speak a relief package for IPodPJ is being put together now. Thus far donations are...

Band Aids
Pamprin
Vagisil
Stuart Smalley motivational DVD
And a...what is this? An uhm, hmmm...Oh, it's a turkey baster! (Dusty Chalk you little scamp! Always the kidder).

The package should be ready for shipping soon.

This kind of lambasting cannot be tolerated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back