Los Angeles Area Mega Meet, Saturday July 11th
Jul 10, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #197 of 245
Here is the revised room layout. The changes are only the additions I drew for the social lounge.

img6301651revised.jpg

Jul 10, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #198 of 245
Are we being assigned a place to setup, or is it first come first served?

Jul 10, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #199 of 245
I think you may have mentioned this before but do they have some kind of trollies or baggage carriers that we can load our equipment on to get it to the Ventura room from our cars or a loading area of some kind?

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #200 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are we being assigned a place to setup, or is it first come first served?

I have already made the table cards. You will be assigned a place before you even get there. I will go through all the PMs you guys sent me and figure out where the best place for everyone will be, based on the equipment you are bringing, HOWEVER:

I would prefer if you can e-mail me (to my actual e-mail address) exactly the equipment you will be bringing with you now. I know some people no longer have certain components so this would be very helpful to me. Please send your e-mail to: pjnuckingfuts@yahoo.com -- and the sooner the better!
smily_headphones1.gif
The subject line should exactly read: "LA Meet Gear List" so I can search easily. Thanks. MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR FIRST NAME AND HEAD-FI NAME. (95% of people did not do this when sending their PayPal contribution, even though I had mentioned it several times.)

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #201 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you may have mentioned this before but do they have some kind of trollies or baggage carriers that we can load our equipment on to get it to the Ventura room from our cars or a loading area of some kind?

If you come in by the loading dock they will have carts we can bring our stuff up on.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #203 of 245
WATCH THIS POST FOR UPDATES

Dinner is going to be held at BJ's Restaurant and Brewery at 9:45 p.m. It's less than a mile away, is open until midnight, has good food, and a microbrewery with at least 7 of their own beers + other alcohol. They have a wide variety of food that will appeal to everyone as well as some great desserts. They are only able to accommodate 20 of us (and not a single person extra) since their banquet room is already booked up, so the first 18 people to confirm they will be at dinner are in. My girlfriend and I are #1 and #2.

BJ's Restaurants

If someone can please bring a calculator for us to figure out the bill, that would be great. BRING CASH FOR YOUR DINNER (make sure to bring enough singles) since we can't pay with multiple cards. 17% gratuity will be automatically added. Please let me know how many of you will be coming to dinner so I can finalize the reservations.

DINNER ATTENDEE LIST

1) IpodPJ
2) IpodPJ's girlfriend
3) moonboy403
4) AVAILABLE
5) AVAILABLE
6) AVAILABLE
7) AVAILABLE
8) AVAILABLE
9) AVAILABLE
10) AVAILABLE
11) AVAILABLE
12) AVAILABLE
13) AVAILABLE
14) AVAILABLE
15) AVAILABLE
16) AVAILABLE
17) AVAILABLE
18) AVAILABLE
19) AVAILABLE
20) AVAILABLE

Jul 10, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #206 of 245
Also, if anyone has any questions or wants to reserve a spot at the meet, you must do this no later than 5:00 p.m. tomorrow (Friday). After that I will be disconnecting my computer and packing up my gear for the meet. If it happens to be after that (but no later than 9 p.m.), send a PM to "dallan" and if he gets it he will call me on my cell and let me know, but this is not guaranteed. 5:00 p.m. is the guaranteed cut off time.

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #207 of 245
UPDATE

They were not able to fit all the tables the way the diagram shows, so Ventura 1 will now also become part of the meet room. And for everyone who wanted space between the tables to walk through, you will get your wish. There will be two feet of space between each table.

So, ahhhhh.... you must be thinking, "Then what are we going to do for a lounge area?"
Taken care of! The meet room will now be 2100 sq. ft. of space and right across the hall is the Calabasas room which is another 750 sq. ft. and this will become our new lounge area! This is even better because the social room will be completely isolated from the listening rooms.

Jul 11, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #210 of 245
Hmm. Wow

I just chanced upon this thread. I havent been on the forum in a while, not since moving to LA actually. Do you guys mind if I show up for a little bit without any equipment in tow? I'd bring the lot had I found this earlier, but most of it is in storage in orange county....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back