Los Angeles Area Mega Meet, Saturday July 11th
Jul 8, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #181 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are good PJ!
beerchug.gif
<-pretty funny from me that one and to you, huh(edit)

LOL.
wink.gif

Thanks. I'm sure the Marriott will be a great place to have meets in the future. It's pretty amazing when you think that we're getting 2100 sq. ft. of space in a very nice hotel for only $233. Of course if other groups needed the rooms and paid for them this would never have happened.

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #182 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small]MEET UPDATE[/size]
We all owe several women at the Marriott a big round of thanks for going out of their way to make this happen for us. We are getting three for half the price of one! Thank you Zee Bell, Kari Herrera and Sandra Wagner.

If they're cute, I'll personally deliver a big thank you.

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #188 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoever is bringing the large amount of power cords, I request your presence as a Volunteer for Saturday morning. Dave and I will be arriving at the hotel at 8:15 a.m.

I won't be bringing a large amount of power cords, but I'm now pretty sure that I can get there early to give you guys a hand.

Now that we have all the room to ourselves, I think we should leave space between tables so we can get in and out easily without having to walk around the entire row of table.

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #189 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't be bringing a large amount of power cords, but I'm now pretty sure that I can get there early to give you guys a hand.

Now that we have all the room to ourselves, I think we should leave space between tables so we can get in and out easily without having to walk around the entire row of table.

Thank you for volunteering.
smily_headphones1.gif

With regards to your second sentence, that's not going to happen. The table layout is already set and a lot of time went into back and forth changes since they didn't quite understand what I was asking. We have 1400 sq. ft. of meet space for 35 people. That's a lot! The other 700 sq. ft. separate room is strictly for a social area. This will allow us to listen to the gear with a minimal amount of noise contamination. If all 3 rooms were for exhibiting, talking would interfere with listening, as it did at CanJam. I want to avoid that as much as possible, and I hope everyone will go into the social lounge to do most of their chit chat.

Don't forget, there is 3 feet behind the tables for your walkway. You'll just have to walk carefully. That's why everyone should be there at 9:30 to set up (unless you're a volunteer and then it's 8:15).

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #191 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fair enough.

Are we gonna have any parking discount like we did at Canjam?

Nope. The only way to do that is if I would have hosted the parking which means I have to pay for it all upfront. I could not do that. On self parking you would have only saved $1 anyway. On valet parking you would have saved about $5. All the parking rates are in the first post.

Jul 10, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #195 of 245
I'll pay at the door on Saturday. It'll save on PayPal fees, and give Phil some cash to buy something else at the meet.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back