Los Angeles Area Mega Meet, Saturday July 11th
Jun 13, 2009 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 245

IPodPJ

MOT: Bellatone Audio
Caution: Incomplete customer orders
[size=large]Los Angeles Area Mega Meet[/size]
[size=medium]Saturday July 11th
10:15 a.m. - 8:15 p.m.[/size]
[size=small](Set-up is from 9:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. • Breakdown is from 8:15 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)[/size]
[size=medium]Warner Center Marriot
Ventura Room for Exhibition[/size] [size=small](Calabasas Room for the social lounge)
Dinner at BJ's Restaurant and Brewery @ 9:45 p.m.[/size]

Hey guys,

For those of you who already know about it, I'm glad all of you will be making it to the meet. It's gonna' be a dynamite event! For those that don't, here's the scoop:

Originally this meet started out as a gathering at my apartment. It then blossomed into an event that was going to be held at my office. Well, it got too big for that, too. So now officially the meet will be held in Ventura Room at the Warner Center Marriott. It is a very nice hotel and I'm glad we will be having the meet there. The picture below shows part of the very nice space it will be in, which is the Ventura 2 & 3 areas of the Ventura Room for exhibition, and Ventura 1 for the social lounge:

ventura3.jpg

If you need information about the hotel, such as an address or directions, click on the link below:

Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills: Hotel deals, rates and availability in Los Angeles

The date and location have been locked in for Saturday, July 11th. The Ventura Room is on the second floor and is 2100 sq. ft. of space! There is an air wall that will separate Ventura 1, the social lounge, from 2 & 3 which are the listening rooms.

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to bring our own snacks and refreshments due to insurance reasons. If someone chokes on one of our own pretzels the hotel is liable.
biggrin.gif
They will however provide us with ice water and hard candy. So if we choke on their hard candy it's okay because they will pay your family for your death -- and then your gear will be given to the meet organizer.
k701smile.gif
They do offer snacks and refreshments but they are quite expensive ($39 for 12 cookies). There is also restaurant and a Starbucks in the hotel. (If you do bring a few candy bars or other snack items and keep them hidden in your bag, I won't tell. But we want to make sure they let us use their hotel again, because it is very nice.)

Parking is available in the parking structure and there is a loading dock with carts that we can use to bring our equipment to the 2nd floor. Set-up starts at 9:30 a.m. Meet will officially start at 10:15 a.m. I have reserved the room until 9 p.m. Discounted parking passes are available at the Valet desk. Self parking will be $6 per car and Valet will be $17.

Everyone is responsible for the security of their own gear, especially since we are not paying for hotel security. This is common sense, but I ask that everyone make sure to treat other people's equipment with the utmost care and courtesy. Special care must be taken for the equipment being loaned to us by the vendors.

Just in case there is anyone coming who is sensitive to such things, there will be an adult convention taking place on the floor below us.

Contributions of $15 - $20 to cover the cost of the room are required. Any leftover money (if there is any) will go towards a power drop (if necessary), snacks and refreshments, and/or dinner after the meet.

I may or may not need a volunteer to help me get the meet room prepped early the morning of, so if you can help please let me know. We can all split the cost of food (snacks, lunch and dinner). I ask that someone bring a nice digital camera so we can take pictures. Wireless internet is available. PLEASE BRING AS MANY EXTENSION CORDS (3-prong) AND POWER STRIPS AS YOU CAN!

This will primarily be a meet with high-end gear, but you are welcome to bring anything you wish. Therefore, I ask that you bring whatever high-end equipment you are able to. There will be lots of excellent stuff here and some that will be new, such as the Audio-gd Phoenix. The equipment list in this post will be updated several times daily. One thing that I really would like people to be able to do is mix and match your gear with theirs, with your supervision. While it is not required that you let people do this, it is requested.

The only requirements are that you have fun, and hopefully that you will bring some good gear with you.
smily_headphones1.gif
Let's have a blast!

Dinner is going to be held at BJ's Restaurant and Brewery at 9:45 p.m. It's less than a mile away, is open until midnight, has good food, and a microbrewery with at least 7 of their own beers + other alcohol. They have a wide variety of food that will appeal to everyone as well as some great desserts. They are only able to accommodate 20 of us since their banquet room is already booked up.

BJ's Restaurants

The attendees bringing equipment that will be given table space are:

1) Dallan (Dave) [size=xx-small]VOLUNTEER[/size] [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
2) santacore (John) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
3) Uncle Erik (Eric)
4) seacard (Dmitry)
5) Mike1127 (Mike) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
6/7) IpodPJ (Phil) + 1 [size=xx-small]ORGANIZER[/size] [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
8) ServinginEcuador (Doug)
9) soundlogic (Tim)
10) newneringa (Jeff)
11) moonboy403 (Gary) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
12) n3rdling (Milos) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
13) AtomikPi (Jan) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
14) shaizada (Gaurav)
15) johnkuo (John) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
16) zzztimbo (Tim) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
17) ldj325 (Laurence)
18) LFF (Luis)
19) Salsumma (Sal) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
20) Alai (Eugene) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
21) bobglaub (Zach)
22) myk7000 (Mark) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
23) j2kei
24) AVAILABLE
25) AVAILABLE

The attendees that will NOT have table space are:

26) strangelove (Jim) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
27) oatmeal769 (Jeff) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
28/29) Deadneddz + 1 [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
30) Theish (Ibn) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
31) Fred Flintstone (Steve) [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]
32) rmx
33) AVAILABLE

The vendors attending that will have table space are:

34) Donald North of Donald North Audio
35) Kyle Takenaga of Reference Audio Mods [size=xx-small]PAID[/size]

[size=small]EQUIPMENT LIST[/size]
Will be updated several times daily. Much more to come that isn't on the list yet!

Headphones:

- Sennheiser HD800 w/ APureSound Balanced V3 Super Nylon with Rhodium XLR
- Sennheiser HD800 stock (x4)
- Sennheiser HD600 stock (x2)
- Sennheiser HD600 w/ balanced cable
- Sennheiser HD600 w/ Cardas cable
- Sennheiser HD650 w/ APureSound V3 balanced cable
- Sennheiser HD650 w/ balanced SAA Equinox cable
- Sennheiser HD650 w/ single ended SAA Equinox cable
- Sennheiser HD650 w/ Zu Mobius cable
- Sennheiser HD650 w/ balanced cable
- Sennheiser HD650 w/ upgraded cable
- Sennheiser HD650 stock
- Sennheiser HD580 w/ Enigma Audio Oracle cable
- Denon AH-D7000
- Denon AH-D5000 (PJ modded, unfinished)
- Denon AH-D1001K
- AKG K1000 (x2)
- AKG K1000 modified cageless pair
- AKG K702 w/ Locus Design Group custom cable with Rhodium connectors
- AKG K702 (x2)
- AKG K701
- AKG K601 (x2)
- AKG K501
- AKG K340
- Grado HF-2
- Grado HF-1
- Grado RS-1 (x2)
- Grado HP-2
- Beyerdynamic DT880/600
- Beyerdynamic DT880/250
- Beyerdynamic DT48
- Sony SA-5000
- JVC/Victor HP DX-1000
- JVC HA-RX700
- Koss KSC-35 balanced
- Audio Technica W5000
- Audio Technica AD2000 w/ balanced Black Dragon cable
- Audio Technica AD700
- Audio Technica ESW9
- Audio Technica W1000
- Ultrasone Edition 8 (x2) x1 courtesy of Paul Taylor/Ultrasone for the meet
- Ultrasone Edition 9 (x2) x1 courtesy of Paul Taylor/Ultrasone for the meet
- Ultrasone HFI-650
- STAX SR Lambda (x2)
- STAX SR Lambda Pro
- STAX SR Lambda Signature (x2 or x3)
- STAX SR Sigma
- STAX SR Sigma Pro
- STAX SR 5
- STAX SRD7-SB
- Sennheiser HE60 (maybe)
- Shure SE530

Sources:

- Marantz SA8001
- Naim CD5x with Flat Cap upgrade
- Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1
- Reimyo DAP-777 (Upgrade Company Modded)
- PS Audio Digital Link 3 with Reference Audio Mods and NextGen connectors (w/ Superclock 4-S)
- PS Audio Digital Link 3
- Oppo Blu-Ray player with full Reference Audio Mods
- Benchmark DAC1 Pre
- Bel Canto DAC3
- Adcom GDA-700
- Wavelength Crimson Silver (maybe)
- Assemblage DAC1
- MHDT Labs Paradisea 3
- Keces DA-151 Mk II
- Xindak DAC-8
- Musical Fidelity X-DAC w/ X-PSU and X-10 Tube buffer
- Scott 350B (all tube stereo tuner)
- Sony HD-Radio tuner
- iMod with VCaps
- Apogee Duet
- HeadAmp Pico USB DAC (x2)
- Denon DVD-2900 (maybe)
- Oppo 970

Amps:

- Audio-gd Phoenix (x3)
- Audio-gd Compass with Earth HDAM
- Eddie Current Zana Deux (x2)
- Donald North Audio Sonnet (single ended output) (x2)
- Donald North Audio Sonnet (balanced output)
- AMB Labs Balanced Beta22
- Luxman P-200 courtesy of Todd Green/TTVJ for the meet
- ALO Audio Amphora courtesy of Ken Ball/ALO for the meet
- ALO Audio Amphora SE (with silver wire)
- Rudistor RPX-100
- Moth Audio si2A3 (for K1000)
- Audio Note Kit 1 300B (for K1000)
- STAX SRM T1S
- STAX SRM 1
- STAX SRM 313
- Sennheiser HEV70 (maybe)
- Brute Force
- Blue Circle Audio SBH
- Blue Circle Audio Hat Peed Thingee
- Lisa III w/ LLP power supply
- Audio-gd C2C
- Musical Fidelity X-CAN
- Decware CSP2
- Creek OBH-11
- Singlepower Extreme (if fixed by meet time)
- Doge 6210
- Little Dot Mk III
- Heed CanAmp (x2)
- Mini3 built by MisterX
- HeadAmp Pico
- RSA B-52
- RSA Apache
- RSA HR-2
- RSA Hornet
- RSA Predator
- Xin Supermicro IV
- NuForce ICON
- iBasso D10

Computer-based Transport and Misc.:

- Sonicweld Diverter
- Empirical Audio OffRamp 3
- Squeezebox Duet with CIAudio VDC9.0 Regulated Power Supply with custom
Locus Design Group DC cables, controlled with iPod Touch/iPeng
- Wadia 170i modified by Great Northern Sound Company
- Red Wine Audio USB Select
- iPod Touch 8GB 2nd generation
- iPod Classic 80GB
- Dell PC (running Squeezecenter, and Foobar2000 if needed)
- Macbook Pro

Power cords, cables, and Misc. Power:

- Virtual Dynamics Master LE 2.0 Power Cord
- Locus Design Group Axis Power Cord
- Audio-gd Exclusive Power Cord
- Virtual Dynamics Power 3
- Cobalt Cable Ultimate Power
- Cardas Golden Reference power cord
- Cardas Neutral Reference IC, RCA-terminated
- Furutech Audio Reference III
- Cobalt Cable Interconnects and Coax
- Silver Serpent Coax
- Glass Toslink (280 strand)
- CryoParts PS Audio Juice Bar II
- PS Audio Noise Harvester
- Assorted cables courtesy of Ken Ball/ALO for the meet
- Crystal Cable iPod 1/8" → RCA cables
- ExactPower conditioners
- Various lower-end power cords and interconnects

The diagram below shows the final room layout. All tables that are 6' will have 2 people per table (except mine because I have gear loaned from different vendors to exhibit). All tables that are 8' will have 2-3 people per table. Ventura 1 is the section that has no tables in it, and if no one else rents the space we will be given it for socializing so that we can keep the main rooms only for listening.

img6301651revised.jpg

The pictures below show where the loading dock is:

loadingdock11.jpg

loadingdock22.jpg

I want to thank all the members and vendors attending for bringing a killer line-up of gear, as well as the vendors loaning us gear for the meet. This wouldn't be possible without you.
beerchug.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 245
Holy cow PJ, this is some list!

I'll try to make my signature mojitos
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #5 of 245
List updated with more goodies.
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks, Mike!

It would be great if you guys could please add the meet link to your signature like you see in mine.
As crowded and packed as it's going to be. we may have to put a table or two outside. There's a lot of computers and poster machines in the office. Most of it will be in the main room but some of it may be in the front office as well as in the digital printing room.

We will need lots of power strips and heavy duty extension cords. Please bring what you can!

Don't forget I also need a volunteer to come the night before and help me prep the office for the following morning.

Meet time officially starts at 10:30 a.m. but I will open the office at 9:45 and hopefully you will be there with your tables and gear ready to set-up. I will PM everyone with the location address as we near meet date, but it is in Chatsworth, near the intersection of Topanga Cyn. Blvd. and Lassen, off the 118 freeway.

Jun 14, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #6 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you make the Mojitos Donald? Do you grill them on an Amp?
beyersmile.png

Mojitos are my favorite mixed drink, consisting of rum, fresh mint, fresh lime. I think they're the perfect summer drink
beerchug.gif
They take a few minutes each to make but are SO delicious
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #7 of 245
One thing I'd also like to highlight is that we'll be able to mix and match equipment to see what works best on our system. I know I'm going to put Donald's amp with my source and see how it sounds. I'd also like to put others' sources with my amp and see how they sound. Because it is so much smaller than CanJam and we're all in one place, I feel this is completely doable. I also encourage you to try my power cords on your gear so you can see what a difference a good power cord makes; it's as significant as a major component upgrade.

Jun 14, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #11 of 245
Thank you for organizing and putting this on! I'm looking forward to it and I'd be happy to bring a few six packs. It'll also be great to mix up the equipment and try new things. Hopefully, the rest of the spots fill up soon.

Jun 15, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #12 of 245
I'm free & can bring a few items if needed:
1. Ultrasone Ed8
2. Stock HD800
3. HD650 w/ SAA Equinox
4. iMod w/ VCaps
5. Creek OBH-11
6. Crystal Cable iPod 1/8th" - RCA cables

More than anything I'm looking forward to seeing what works with the HD800s and my source! I'm trying to find a SS amp to buy, but can't narrow the options down below the Luxman P-200, B22 and SPL Phonitor.

Jun 15, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #14 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You got it, ServinginEcuador. I'll add you and your gear to the list. Glad you can make it! What is your first name?

Doug.

Will you PM directions close to the meet time?

Jun 15, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #15 of 245
Hello Phil;
I'd like to make the meet also.I have just received my ALO Amphora SE, with the silver wire. It would be interesting to compare to the standard version. I have HD 650's, AKG 702's with stock cables. Also a iBasso D10 amp,Macbook Pro with the Apogee Duet, and a Doge 6210 amp.
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back