Los Angeles Area Mega Meet, Saturday July 11th
Jun 22, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #61 of 245
Dam that’s a mighty fine equipment listing. You Yanks have all the fun
tongue.gif
I’m staying tuned for the pics, have fun people.

Jun 22, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #62 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
? I didn't understand that post. Sorry.
redface.gif

Spammer
wink.gif

The place is becoming infested.

Jun 22, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #63 of 245
Quote:

You are certainly welcome to come. A contribution of $15 - $20 is requested to help pay for the room. Just keep in mind that the equipment there will primarily be higher end equipment, so if it isn't in your budget the equipment may or may not be something you want to listen to. I used to make it a habit not to listen to stuff I can't afford, but I don't really subscribe to that practice anymore.

What I may do is add an additional 3 or 4 spots to the meet list for people ONLY coming with NO gear, as long as no attendees object to this by posting in this thread. But there will only be 20 people allowed to bring gear.

That's awesome. I'm going to see if I can go though.
smily_headphones1.gif
Thank you. I don't mind hearing high end stuff. It just drives my ambition and work harder to get it *shows some leg* doubt you want that though. ha.

Jun 23, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #64 of 245
Quote:

You are certainly welcome to come. A contribution of $15 - $20 is requested to help pay for the room. Just keep in mind that the equipment there will primarily be higher end equipment, so if it isn't in your budget the equipment may or may not be something you want to listen to. I used to make it a habit not to listen to stuff I can't afford, but I don't really subscribe to that practice anymore.

What I may do is add an additional 3 or 4 spots to the meet list for people ONLY coming with NO gear, as long as no attendees object to this by posting in this thread. But there will only be 20 people allowed to bring gear.

I'd be down for coming as one of the people not bringing any gear. I'd be up for bringing some gear as well, but as I don't know my work schedule yet I might have to leave early so it would be easier for me to not bring anything.

Jun 23, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #66 of 245
Very cool! It'll be great to have Craig there and I think there will be enough gear there for a few others to show up to listen.

Also, this response is very encouraging for a bigger regional meet later this year. PJ - we'll talk about that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #69 of 245
GREAT NEWS!

They have officially GIVEN us for free the section next to the one we are in, so we will have almost 1400 sq. ft. of space as opposed to 700. This means that we will have more tables and can accommodate more people.

I will not be doubling the amount of attendees because I know many members have expressed their concern for this growing too big, and this meet was intended to let people have intimate listening time with the gear. But I will open it up to at least 5 or 6 more attendees with table space, 2 more vendors (if possible), and 2 more attendees with no table space.

Jun 24, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #70 of 245
Now the question becomes do we spread out and use the whole area, or cordon off the second room for talking and socializing?

Jun 25, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #71 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now the question becomes do we spread out and use the whole area, or cordon off the second room for talking and socializing?

We will spread out over the whole area and be comfortable. If the third section is free when we get there, which I'm sure it will be, we can talk in that section. If not, we can go anywhere in the hotel and socialize. It's a very nice hotel. SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FUN, DAMNIT!!
k701smile.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #72 of 245
Please put me tentatively down as attending. I won't be 100% certain until the date gets closer. In any event, I'd probably bring very little - my portable CD player, Heed CanAmp, two headphones and a ton of music.

Jun 25, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #73 of 245
PJ, I am able to attend the event now. You may remove the 'maybe's from all of my gear in the lists, except the HE60/HEV70. That combo will likely not make it, but I might bring an O2/717 combo instead.

Jun 25, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #74 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PJ, I am able to attend the event now. You may remove the 'maybe's from all of my gear in the lists, except the HE60/HEV70. That combo will likely not make it, but I might bring an O2/717 combo instead.

Hi n3rdling,
Glad you can make it officially. I do wish you would bring both if you can. You're going to have a good run against my HD800/Phoenix combo.
wink.gif
This amp is absolutely genius.

Luis,
I really hope you can make it, too!

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #75 of 245
I just wanted to remind everyone that the room has been paid for, so those of you who are going to make your $15 - $20 contributions, please send them via PayPal to: pjnuckingfuts@yahoo.com

I have received contributions so far from about half of all attendees, and I thank you all for helping to cover the room costs. Any left over money will go towards snacks and refreshments and/or dinner after the meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back