Looking to purchase a flashlight? Here's an awesome resource!
Mar 19, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #241 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked up some new Fenix Cree based torches (P1D, L0D, L1D) and they are very nice!

The Cree LED is a winner! I have an HDS EDC60XRGT which is the standard by which I judge all my other lights. The new Fenix P1D-CE is very impressive indeed! The color looks to my eye, as good or better than that of the Luxeon based 60XRGT. The brightness of the P1D is rated at 135 lumens on high. There is no question that it is quite a bit brighter than the HDS. It is physically much smaller than the HDS as well. In the HDS' favor, the HDS is built like an Abrams tank and the P1d like a Willys Jeep. For the buckage though, the new Fenix torches are hard to beat;

The Fenix Store

Cheers!

I wish Fenix wouldn't put all those darned modes on their lights. A P1D-CE with a rotary mode select (high and low only) and push button clicky with momentary mode would be great.

Until one of those shows up though, I'm sticking with my Inova T2.

Apr 24, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #242 of 275
Hmm...

My mom bought one of those Garrity keychain lights and I saw that the output blew my Inova one away. I became a little curious about the current technology (If something from the local drugstore is this good...) and browsed CPF for the first time. Happened to run across this thread and see that there's something even better at a good price. Then I read that my original X5 now has a 3rd generation model that blows it away as well
icon10.gif
. Next thing you know I'm checking out UnknownVT's great L2D-CE review. This much light from two AAs?
eek.gif
-

33222fw6.jpg

This Fenix is about to become my intro to the CPF world. I have eight or nine NiMH AA's sitting around too
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by panik343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, head-fi'ers really do have to have the best of everything huh? lol

YES!,
eggosmile.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #243 of 275
oh...my...god... Its happening. The flashlighte curse will caste a darke shadowe on head-fie.

"And heres my portable rig: iRiver H340, DIY IC w/Neutrik black/gold mini plugs, RSA Hornet, Sennheiser HD 650, Rolex Submariner, Fenix Digital LOD, Gold plated Zippo with high purity butane, keys to my Maybach, a pure-bred Chihuahua and about 50 maxed out credit cards"

Apr 24, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #244 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh...my...god... Its happening. The flashlighte curse will caste a darke shadowe on head-fie.

"And heres my portable rig: iRiver H340, DIY IC w/Neutrik black/gold mini plugs, RSA Hornet, Sennheiser HD 650, Rolex Submariner, Fenix Digital LOD, Gold plated Zippo with high purity butane, keys to my Maybach, a pure-bred Chihuahua and about 50 maxed out credit cards"

LOL, I'm embarassed to say that I have a single flashlight that costs more than all but one component in my portable rig.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Apr 25, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #245 of 275
Very easy to do Edwood haha...it's much too addicting.

I told myself a year ago I would never buy a light over $50. Now I have a Surefire E1e with Lumens Factory EO-E1R bulb, Surefire L4, and an Orb Raw Ns (my most expensive light, around $200CDN).

ns.jpg

I think my favourite light overall is my desert tan Surefire G2 with Lumens Factory HO-9 bulb and two AW 3.7v RCR123 batteries. The nitrolon polymer material feels great in the hand, it's incredibly durable, and it's the brightest light I own.

IMGP2375.jpg

Nov 8, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #248 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought it was fleshlight for a moment...
redface.gif

And now Head-Fi has search results for "fleshlight"
biggrin.gif

[size=xx-small]not that I found this by looking for "fleshlight" *cough* pink lady *cough*[/size]

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #254 of 275
Anyone check out the specs on the upcoming UA2 Optimus and UB2 Invictus from SureFire? I'm looking at the UB2 Invictus myself. There's also the T1A, Titan Aluminum. It's all in the latest catalog that's downloadable on the company's website.

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #255 of 275
anyone here have any problems with their Surefires? I had two that failed on me. I believe it's in the button as one of them no longer clicks properly. I love the light output but I'm pretty disapointed with 2 dead flashlights that are well into $200 territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back