Looking to purchase a flashlight? Here's an awesome resource!
Feb 27, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #211 of 275
Oh, and the HDS EDC's clip can be clipped onto ball cap as well.
wink.gif

-Ed

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #212 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see you pulled the trigger on the Raw NS. Did you get the Cree XR-E upgrade?

Most definitely! Can't go without the latest on such an expensive purchase hehe...also got a blue trit marker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My U60 will remain in my collection and my L4 will too since its beam is unique. But the rest will eventually be displaced by Cree/Seoul lights

I'm looking forward to the Surefire E1X and E2X (cree versions of E1L/E2L). They were shown off at SHOT Show 2007 during the Surefire party (beamshots below). Hopefully they'll be out sometime in March.

SHOT034.jpg

Feb 28, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #213 of 275
Another plug for the Arc-P. I finally got one of these beauties six months ago to replace the MagLite Solitaire that had been riding in my pocket for five years. Having a flashlight at hand is practical, and not just when your eyes tank. The Arc-P is beautifully designed and crafted, tiny but powerful. The LED should never burn out or break and the circuitry keep the thing bright throughout the battery's life. $40.00USD no longer seems like a lot of money for a pocket light, even to an original cheapskate.

Feb 28, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #214 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking forward to the Surefire E1X and E2X (cree versions of E1L/E2L). They were shown off at SHOT Show 2007 during the Surefire party (beamshots below). Hopefully they'll be out sometime in March.

Yeah, I'm going to be picking up one of those. My DMini is my stopgap so I don't have to hold my breath for Surefire to deliver something (may be still hard to find for a long time even after release)

Mar 1, 2007 at 12:39 PM Post #215 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I'm going to be picking up one of those. My DMini is my stopgap so I don't have to hold my breath for Surefire to deliver something (may be still hard to find for a long time even after release)

Yes it's beginning to appear that way. I keep hearing about delays on CPF. I think I'm going to buy an E1E and stick the high powered Lumens Factory incandescent bulb in it, then get the official Surefire cree head attachment when it comes out.

Mar 1, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #216 of 275
SHOT Show. For a second I thought "wow, the flashlight forum folks already have their own meets going on, nice! uh, "Single-beam, Halogen, Optics Trade Show?"

Then I googled it. It's the "Shootin' Huntin' Outdoors Trade Show!" Aw man, piggybackin' offa a bigger deal...DOH.

Come to think of it, how come we head-fiers have our own Can meets? I mean really, are those Home Theatre guys really that bad? I know a few of us do go to the CES and Stereophile shindigs too. We should all get along too, it's all about the music after all!

Mar 1, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #218 of 275
Mar 2, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #220 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so now I know what all of my friends are thinking when I start talking about headphones... OMG, this world is big enough to play host to flashlight nuts?

Couldn't have said it better myself!
SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though, I could see how it might be fun to have a UV light (http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/show....php?t=155312). Scientific curiosity!

Mar 2, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #221 of 275
I just picked up some new Fenix Cree based torches (P1D, L0D, L1D) and they are very nice!

The Cree LED is a winner! I have an HDS EDC60XRGT which is the standard by which I judge all my other lights. The new Fenix P1D-CE is very impressive indeed! The color looks to my eye, as good or better than that of the Luxeon based 60XRGT. The brightness of the P1D is rated at 135 lumens on high. There is no question that it is quite a bit brighter than the HDS. It is physically much smaller than the HDS as well. In the HDS' favor, the HDS is built like an Abrams tank and the P1d like a Willys Jeep. For the buckage though, the new Fenix torches are hard to beat;

The Fenix Store

Cheers!

Mar 2, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #222 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked up some new Fenix Cree based torches (P1D, L0D, L1D) and they are very nice!

The Cree LED is a winner! I have an HDS EDC60XRGT which is the standard by which I judge all my other lights. The new Fenix P1D-CE is very impressive indeed! The color looks to my eye, as good or better than that of the Luxeon based 60XRGT. The brightness of the P1D is rated at 135 lumens on high. There is no question that it is quite a bit brighter than the HDS. It is physically much smaller than the HDS as well. In the HDS' favor, the HDS is built like an Abrams tank and the P1d like a Willys Jeep. For the buckage though, the new Fenix torches are hard to beat;

The Fenix Store

Cheers!

Heheh, you know the only worthy replacement for the U60XRGT will be the U120XRGT.
wink.gif

-Ed

Mar 2, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #223 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heheh, you know the only worthy replacement for the U60XRGT will be the U120XRGT.
wink.gif

-Ed

No doubt! How about a U135XRCE?
wink.gif
I would like a compact version too!

Hey, what do you think about HDS/EDC being acquired by Nova Tec?

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #224 of 275
ok so today I got tired of waiting, headed down to a local vendor, and picked up a Surefire E1e. Wow! It's defintely a lot smaller than I thought it was. Already have the high output lamp from Lumen Factory coming, and I'll replace the head with the Cree LED version when it comes out.

I also got the privilege of testing out the M6 with low output lamp....WOW!!! I can only imagine how bright it is with the high output lamp.

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #225 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No doubt! How about a U135XRCE?
wink.gif
I would like a compact version too!

Hey, what do you think about HDS/EDC being acquired by Nova Tec?

Hopefully it means lower prices and more availability, but I'm not holding my breath. Their military contract is good for them but probably not for consumers. At least they're making money.

At least Henry is still there.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back