Looking to purchase a flashlight? Here's an awesome resource!
Oct 15, 2004 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 275

bLue_oNioN

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello everyone,

I stumbled recently on a great community of very helpful people. The subject? Flashlights =)

At first thought, it does seem a little weird, since it's not like you can use more than one flashlight at a time... but then again, how many headphones can you wear at a time?
wink.gif

In any case, I was trying to pick out a flashlight for my family back home as a gift of some sorts (during typhoon season, the storms get real heavy resulting in power loss -- now that I'm away and can't take care of them, I feel safer knowing that they're properly equipped). These people replied on the minute without signs of tiring from my rather rookie-like questions, so without further ado, here it is!
[size=xx-small]
Footnote: Just to ensure that there aren't any problems later on (and because I was shocked to see accusations of a similar sort fly about in an old thread lying about) I will be very clear about this: I do not own or operate the site, I have a post count of 7 there and do not plan to add on to that number, nor am I trying to promote traffic to their website. I do not plan on bumping this thread up -- this is simply a passing on of what I felt was a great resource that may prove to be of some aid to physically active Head-Fi members.[/size]

Oct 15, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #2 of 275
Ok, so now I know what all of my friends are thinking when I start talking about headphones... OMG, this world is big enough to play host to flashlight nuts?

Oct 16, 2004 at 1:57 AM Post #6 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Ok, so now I know what all of my friends are thinking when I start talking about headphones... OMG, this world is big enough to play host to flashlight nuts?

If you can dream it, there's likely a forum dedicated to it somewhere on the internet. And the correct term is "flash-a-holics". Don't ask me how I know.

Oct 16, 2004 at 2:11 AM Post #7 of 275
aerius: how do you know?
etysmile.gif

buts thats funny, flashlight nuts lol

Oct 16, 2004 at 6:10 AM Post #13 of 275
imn all about inova

have an x1... its AWESOME...brilliant spot... AA battery... tiny..waterproof (ive dived with it :-x)... just terrific

had an x5 for a while... great size...

i want an x0 but dont have money

Oct 16, 2004 at 6:13 AM Post #14 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Flashlights? What next? Cigarette lighter Forums? Sunglasses forums?
confused.gif

I can only hope you were joking.
biggrin.gif
Those are actually pretty common. Much more common than headphone websites.

Sad to say I've considered buying an LED torch before, and might given some extra money. You can't spell "geek" without EE, says the electrical engineer.
tongue.gif

Oct 16, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #15 of 275
Strohmie - it's SO COLD here
frown.gif

I'm already starting to feel kind of sick, and this is three blankets on top of me!! =/
Supposed to drop down to 32*F at 5 in the morning later today... Do you reckon it'll start snowing sometime soon?

I did wind up buying an LED flashlight actually -- the Inova X5T-HA. It was a custom batch run for a client with some "mission-specific twists" (among some other changes, they made it so that it's Type III Anodized, which is why on the bottom it says "I performed a scratch test with my Benchmade pocket knife, but could not scratch the finish of the light. It feels like glass.")

I see that they jacked the price up though... probably because they're running out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back