looking to get my first full sized can
Dec 14, 2010 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mywallethurts

Banned member who re-registered.
Hi im a newbie and im currently using the jvc fx700 paired with fiio e7/e9 combo. the sound sig im looking for would be very detailed, wide soundstage, ample deep bass, non sibilant but extended highs, and most importantly good quality mids. any suggestions would be great!

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 7
What you described is almost a perfect headphone.
smile.gif

You should start off by listing what price range and maybe your preference in close/open.

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
smile.gif

You should start off by listing what price range and maybe your preference in close/open.

im looking at this to become my main full size can for a long time (about a year) and my budget is around $800
is there a difference between close and open? isnt it just the isolation and comfort?

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Quote:
smile.gif

im looking at this to become my main full size can for a long time (about a year) and my budget is around $800
is there a difference between close and open? isnt it just the isolation and comfort?

yeah there is more to it than just isolation and comfort.  You should look it up just to know the differences.  At your price range you shouldn't have problem getting what you are looking for.  You will probable need an amp if you are going for the higher up prices headphones or otherwise the sound quality won't be as great. what type of music do you mainly listen to?

here is a example of thread that talk about open and close if your interest in knowing, there are more here in headfi:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/477852/open-vs-closed-cans

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 7
A HD650 with a Little dot Mark 3 combo would probably suit u the best at the 800 dollars price range. if you want closed you should check out the beyerdynamics. At this price most headphones require an amp to sound good so you'll need to factor in an amp.

Dec 22, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #6 of 7
If you can find a Denon D7000 for under 800, that would be a good option.  It could be driven from your E7/E9 combo (not sure on synergy though).  The Ultrasone Pro 900 would be a good option as well.  Great soundstage for a closed headphone, deep bass (exaggerated but Kees mod can tone it down if you'd like), extremely fast and detailed.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back