looking to buy some Beyerdynamic cans in colorado...........
Jun 30, 2011 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Bryman31

New Head-Fier
im new to this forum, but have had a lot of cans in my time,i had some dt770 pro 80 a while back but alas they were stolen when i moved.  im thinking iof some new cans......not sure what kind......mostly to just listen to music on my computer when the family is annoyed with my loudness, and maybe also the frequent iphone music day i have here and there.  i mostly listen to trance music......so maybe recommend me some decent replacements?

otherwise i was wondering if anyone here is from Colorado, and can help me find a place in the Denver metro area that sells Beyerdynamic??  i cant find any anywhere!!!!

thanks!!

Jun 30, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 15
Heya,

Budget?
Closed-back or open-air?
Amplifier or not?
What kind of sound signature do you like?

Can you buy online? I can't stress how nice it is to buy from Amazon where you can literally return the headphones for a full refund no questions asked--so you can try things and return them if you can't listen to them prior to buying (I've done it quite a few times).

Very best,

Jun 30, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #3 of 15
well i suppose id like closed back........i listen to A LOT of trance......some jazz......a lot of classical when the mood hits.  i guess i was thinking  of trying them in-store cause of the returns issue LOL  budget under $200.00  amp later on would be great for both on-desk, and portable, although the Bose speakers i have on my desk have the jack input to which i assume the built in amp can control?  (the bose were a gift to me so no bose bashing i didnt buy em lol)

Jun 30, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #4 of 15

Quote:
well i suppose id like closed back........i listen to A LOT of trance......some jazz......a lot of classical when the mood hits.  i guess i was thinking  of trying them in-store cause of the returns issue LOL  budget under $200.00  amp later on would be great for both on-desk, and portable, although the Bose speakers i have on my desk have the jack input to which i assume the built in amp can control?  (the bose were a gift to me so no bose bashing i didnt buy em lol)

In the for-sale section of the forum, there's a mint box of DT770 Pro 80's for $160.
Otherwise, here's some big portable swivel cup Beyer DT860's. They're open back though.
Otherwise, look at the AudioTechnica 700ProMK2.

Very best,

Jul 1, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 15
now with the dt770's i see a 250 and an 80.  i cant remember which i had, and back them i knew nothing at all about headphones so i didnt really care.  which of the 2 would you suggest me getting??

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #6 of 15

Quote:
now with the dt770's i see a 250 and an 80.  i cant remember which i had, and back them i knew nothing at all about headphones so i didnt really care.  which of the 2 would you suggest me getting??

Heya,

Well you said in the original post that you had the DT770 Pro 80, which is the 80ohm version. If you really liked them, get them again. If you're getting the higher impedance versions (250~600 ohm) you will likely want an amplifier. Then again, even the PRO 80's sound better, more full, with an amplifier behind them. Have you considered looking outside of Beyer? Do you have any preferences at all?

Very best,

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #7 of 15
your right i did say the pro 80's........sorry itsbeen a long few weeks........our 3 week old baby is in the hospital.....so everything is seeming to be backwards for me.........im typing in the hospital room right now actually haha.  anyway i really guess i should change my whole post lol

yeah i guess i could go another brand..............like i said above, trance, jazz, classical MOSTLY trance/techno stuff.  and id say 85% of the time my useage will be at the desk on my laptop.... sometimes on the iPhone in bed maybe.........or like now here in the hospita id kill to have some good cans LOL

what do you suggest then?

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #8 of 15

Quote:
your right i did say the pro 80's........sorry itsbeen a long few weeks........our 3 week old baby is in the hospital.....so everything is seeming to be backwards for me.........im typing in the hospital room right now actually haha.  anyway i really guess i should change my whole post lol

yeah i guess i could go another brand..............like i said above, trance, jazz, classical MOSTLY trance/techno stuff.  and id say 85% of the time my useage will be at the desk on my laptop.... sometimes on the iPhone in bed maybe.........or like now here in the hospita id kill to have some good cans LOL

what do you suggest then?

Heya,

Sorry to hear that, hope all turns out well.

Need a budget before suggesting things.

Very best,

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #10 of 15
lets go with same budget as above of $200.00

i should also add.........in the last 3 months ive had to wear glasses.....whereas before i didnt......so if that makes a difference in headphones i thought id toss that out there also!!  not sure if it matters, but ive never worn over ear headphones with glasses

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #11 of 15

Quote:
Heya,

Budget?
Closed-back or open-air?
Amplifier or not?
What kind of sound signature do you like?

Can you buy online? I can't stress how nice it is to buy from Amazon where you can literally return the headphones for a full refund no questions asked--so you can try things and return them if you can't listen to them prior to buying (I've done it quite a few times).

Very best,

Absolutely a great suggestion.  You can get virtually anything from Amazon and return it within 30 days, no questions asked.  They'll even pay the return shipping AND refund the original shipping cost (assuming it wasn't free).  I feel a little shady when I do it, but hey, it's their return policy, not mine.

Jul 2, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #12 of 15
so ive beenlooking, if i stay with beyer, would the 770 pr 80 be good still for what im using it for?  or maybe the newer 770's 32ohm version??  i actually like the slight asthetic visual difference of the newer style too

Jul 7, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #13 of 15
Bryman31
I am Denver also and was looking at Beyerdynamic or AKG headphones. Throwing the Audio Technica somewhat. Closed or open back is not an issue to me..

Have you looked at that Beyerdynamic DT1350?  I have been wondering about them since the early reviews have been very good.

It seems like I can not find anywhere in Denver to go look / hear headphones honestly.  If you know of any let me know it would be nice to test a bit before buying....Amazon may be our only way locally  LOL 

Jul 7, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #14 of 15
Bryman1;
Soooo I just found a place selling Beyerdynamic but not sure what they have or if you can listen to them?.  SweetWave Audio   Looks like they are in Louisville.

Jul 7, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #15 of 15
thanks bkew...........we may have to go there..........im with you, id like to hear before i buy...............ill check em out.  im out in brighton so louisville is kinda far, but we go the flatirons mall a lot, and its close to there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back