Looking into buying a new pair of headphones.
Sep 2, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #18 of 26
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80-Ohm.
Should work ok with most on board sound.

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #23 of 26
I recommend that you go to a hifi shop and try some stuff out.

All the ultrasone pros meet your demands minus the leakage (if you are asking about the importance of soundstage you won't be missing anything) .

You're kind of asking for a do it all can in a smallish budget.

Of your priorities, which could you surrender if you had to?

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #24 of 26
Well first of all people shouldnt hear what your listening too in a "5 feet" radius or your playing your music way too loud. 

I have the sony MDR-V6's and love them!!!  they may not be close to the price at what your looking for but like you, i like my music at about 50% volume + which is loud to me and there is no sound leakage.  I would do what TMRaven suggested and search ATH-M50 and go from there!  so many comparrisons, reviews and suggestions, you should narrow down what you want from there.  im not a audiophile like alot of these people here but its sounds like to me the M50's will be your best bet AND you can save at least $150.  go to soundprofessionals.com and enter the code listed on the site and BAM $109 for a set of "top rated, bang for the buck" cans.  Just my two cents but unless your DJing or mixing, there is no need to spend $300 on HPs... 

Good luck with your search!

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #25 of 26
Also you might want to check out your local guitar center or musical/ DJing store as they carry alot of these HP unlike best buy, expensive beats or bose HP.  You will be surprise on how well the M50's are but that might help you decide on what cans your looking for.  I'll more than likely order those this weekend but like you, i'm searching and reading suggestions first. 

Happy Hunting!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #26 of 26

Quote:
I recommend that you go to a hifi shop and try some stuff out.

All the ultrasone pros meet your demands minus the leakage (if you are asking about the importance of soundstage you won't be missing anything) .

You're kind of asking for a do it all can in a smallish budget.

Of your priorities, which could you surrender if you had to?

I can buy a amp. Not really a big deal. But leakage is really important. That's the reason i returned the aviators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back