Looking for upgrade suggestions for Audio Technica ATH-AD700 (PC Gaming)
Sep 21, 2011 at 11:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

frothware

New Head-Fier
My current PC audio system consists of a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and set of Audio Technica ATH-AD700 headphones.  I use this setup almost exclusively for gaming.

I am looking for suggestions for upgrading from the ATH-AD700.  While they sound stellar, I am finding myself wanting something with more low end. 

Thanks in advance!

Sep 21, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #2 of 5
What are you looking on a new pair of headphones? more bass, accuracy, soundstage? whats your budget? 

Sep 21, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #3 of 5
Heya,

Fischer Audio FA-011 is a start. Way better than the AD700 in all ways in my opinion. Inexpensive. Classy looking. Comfortable.

BeyerDynamic DT880 is another way to go, staying neutral, but still an upgrade in every way over the AD700. Comfortable.

AKG K702 is another way to go again. Huge sound stage, kind of similar to the AD700 but very much refined with better extension. Comfortable.

Very best,

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 5
It's hard to find something with such a huge soundstage of the AD700. You can find some headphones with more bass ,but I still havn't found the headphones,which combine the good of the ad700+more bass. If you've found one ,please tell me too.
L3000.gif

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #5 of 5
Thank you MalVeauX for the suggestions.  Those all seem to be good options so I have my homework cutout for me.

To answer fabio-fi, I am looking to keep or improve sound quality of the AD700 and find something with better bass.  I moved to the AD700 from an older pair of Sennheisers about a year ago, and while I am LOVING the accuracy and soundstage of AD700, I miss the low end punch that the Sennheiser's had for gun shots and explosions.  I am thinking of a budget in the $200-$300 range, so the suggestions MalVeauX gave were right on the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back