Looking for the next Nuforce NE-7M for my iPhone. Ideas?
Aug 26, 2010 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

thinskin

New Head-Fier
(long time lurker, first time poster!)

I've had a few pairs of Nuforce NE-7M earphones and I really love them;
  1. such a fun sound signature
  2. very comfortable fit, easy in/out
  3. the mic/remote is appreciated as I'm an iPhone addict.

Problem is I keep breaking them. I'd buy another pair but am looking for something with a better track record.

So far I've owned:
  1. the Klipsch Image X10 (no mic/remote, sound signature too dark for me)
  2. Monster Turbine (no mic/remote, mid-treble too harsh and iPhone has no custom EQ).

I'm open to any suggestions under $200 that's easy to get in an out (not a true IEM) as I often use them at work but have to remove them to communicate with my colleagues. I could spend more but seeing as I'm usually listening to them in a noisy environment (work, public transit) I think money would be better spent elsewhere!

Ideas?

Aug 26, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #2 of 3
I've used the Etymotic HF2 with my iphone, and really like them.  My only complaint is the cord isn't very durable.  If I try to keep my iphone in my pocket, the cord shorts one of its channels in less than a months use.  So I have to wear a belt clip for the phone.  That leads to another thing that annoys me, have you recently tried to find an iphone case with a belt clip.  Its like they've been outlawed or somthing.

Aug 31, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #3 of 3
First time poster here, also. Not much of a lurker, either, just a long time audiophile.

You know the stock Apple In Ear Headphones aren't bad. They are designed specifically to be used with your iPhone and from what I hear (for people's mouths) the sound isn't bad. Plus they're only $70 (depending on where you get them) and they also fit your other criteria. Plus, it sounds like you're pretty harsh on your headphones so it's probably good these are <$100. Just a thought. Here's a link to those phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back