Looking for suitable Headphones
Jul 29, 2012 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

DieRespwnGameOn

New Head-Fier
Hey All,

My name is Kevin Aka DieRespwnGameOn and I'm new here and looking for a good pair of headphones to replace my near the end of its days Sennheiser PC 360.

I really love my Sennheiser PC 360, they're comfortable, lightweight and sound good, but this time I want a good pair of headphones instead of a headset.
So at first I compared a few and ended up purchasing a Sennheiser HD598 and I loved it! But somehow it was very itchy and unbearable to wear and I have no idea why...

I also should say I have a ASUS Xonar Essence STX in my computer and that I mostly listen electronical music but I dont mind music like rock or metal (well I listen to alot, I used to hate dubstep but even some of those I start to like) There aren't many genres that I don't like but lets just say I listen mostly to electronical music like trance, techno, dance etc such songs.
One more thing thats important is that I like to game so I want it to be good for games too (and the HD598 did a fine job i'd have to say! really awesome (tested it on Amnesia)

So I'm wondering what would be a good headphone? and is my ASUS good enough to drive that certain headphone? I dont mind it being exspensive as long as it isn't like HD800 or Tesla T1 exspensive haha.

Oh and I don't mind if their closed or open as long as it isn't leather or something else thats not comfy to wear with hot and sweaty weather
Whats also important is I want to hear stuff around me.
For instance when I know someone is gonna call me I want to be able to hear it without putting my headphone down (so an earcup that i can turn away or something like that)

I hope I'm not demanding to much and I'm planning on searching a store where I might be able to try some out but I'm not sure what to look for though.

Anyways thanks in advance,

Kevin (DieRespwnGameOn)

(edited a spelling error)

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:
My name is Kevin Aka DieRespwnGameOn and I'm new here and looking for a good pair of headphones to replace my near the end of its days Sennheiser PC 360.

I really love my Sennheiser PC 360, they're comfortable, lightweight and sound good, but this time I want a good pair of headphones instead of a headset.
So at first I compared a few and ended up purchasing a Sennheiser HD598 and I loved it! But somehow it was very itchy and unbearable to wear and I have no idea why...

I also should say I have a ASUS Xonar Essence STX in my computer and that I mostly listen electronical music but I dont mind music like rock or metal (well I listen to alot, I used to hate dubstep but even some of those I start to like) There aren't many genres that I don't like but lets just say I listen mostly to electronical music like trance, techno, dance etc such songs.
One more thing thats important is that I like to game so I want it to be good for games too (and the HD598 did a fine job i'd have to say! really awesome (tested it on Amnesia)

So I'm wondering what would be a good headphone? and is my ASUS good enough to drive that certain headphone? I dont mind it being exspensive as long as it isn't like HD800 or Tesla T1 exspensive haha.

Oh and I don't mind if their closed or open as long as it isn't leather or something else thats not comfy to wear with hot and sweaty weather
Whats also important is I want to hear stuff around me.
For instance when I know someone is gonna call me I want to be able to hear it without putting my headphone down (so an earcup that i can turn away or something like that)

I hope I'm not demanding to much and I'm planning on searching a store where I might be able to try some out but I'm not sure what to look for though.

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250-Ohm.

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250-Ohm.

Yeah I had those on my mind because they look comfy and big and they seem to be very good, its priced arround 200 here, but what im worried about is that it says the earpads are Velour, these are the same pads as on the HD598 so im worried these might itch too, the PC 360 has Velvet earpads (atleast thats what it says on their pages)

Sennheiser PC 360: http://www.sennheiser.nl/nl/home_nl.nsf/root/private_headsets_pc_pro-gaming_504122
Sennheiser HD 598: http://www.sennheiser.nl/nl/home_nl.nsf/root/private_headphones_hifi_audiophile-headphones_504633
Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO: http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/studio-and-stage/studio-headphones/dt-990-pro.html

Jul 29, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:
Yeah I had those on my mind because they look comfy and big and they seem to be very good, its priced around 200 here, but what I'm worried about is that it says the ear pads are Velour, these are the same pads as on the HD598 so I'm worried these might itch too, the PC 360 has Velvet ear pads (at least that's what it says on their pages)

Sennheiser PC 360: http://www.sennheiser.nl/nl/home_nl.nsf/root/private_headsets_pc_pro-gaming_504122
Sennheiser HD 598: http://www.sennheiser.nl/nl/home_nl.nsf/root/private_headphones_hifi_audiophile-headphones_504633
Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO: http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/studio-and-stage/studio-headphones/dt-990-pro.html

You can add your location in your comumnity profile.

Beyerdynamic sells the EDT 990S soft skinned ear pads.
They were originally used for older model DT990, might want to double check that they work on the current DT990.

Jul 29, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
You can add your location in your comumnity profile.

Beyerdynamic sells the EDT 990S soft skinned ear pads.
They were originally used for older model DT990, might want to double check that they work on the current DT990.

I can't seem to find the edit account button anywhere because I've been looking for it ever since I created my account because I made a small typo in my email adres without noticing

And beyerdynamics themselfs say those pads are only for pre 2004 DT 990's also these are the ones I want to avoid for them being to hot (had a pair before with those on and with hot weather it was way to hot to wear) But a friend of mine said that it could have been the foam that made it itchy for me, could this be the case? Then i could give the DT 990 a shot

Jul 29, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
I can't seem to find the edit account button anywhere because I've been looking for it ever since I created my account because I made a small typo in my email address without noticing

And beyerdynamics themselves say those pads are only for pre 2004 DT 990's also these are the ones I want to avoid for them being to hot (had a pair before with those on and with hot weather it was way to hot to wear) But a friend of mine said that it could have been the foam that made it itchy for me, could this be the case? Then i could give the DT 990 a shot

In the upper right corner of the screen where is says "DieRespwnGameOn-Logout", just click on the "DieRespwnGameOn" part, that will take you to your Profile page.
In your profile there are two edit buttons, Edit Community Profile and one for Edit Account Details.

I'm assuming they all use foam, but some may use a different type of foam.

Jul 29, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
In the upper right corner of the screen where is says "DieRespwnGameOn-Logout", just click on the "DieRespwnGameOn" part, that will take you to your Profile page.
In your profile there are two edit buttons, Edit Community Profile and one for Edit Account Details.

I'm assuming they all use foam, but some may use a different type of foam.

I see neither of those, could it be because I haven't done the email confirm  thingie? (but I can't do that because I made a typo in my email so it will never arrive)

And thats what I ment if sennheiser could have used diffrent foam in de HD598 then in the PC 360, but then again Velvet is diffrent then Velour

Anyways: I'm from the Netherlands

Jul 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
I see neither of those, could it be because I haven't done the email confirm  thingie? (but I can't do that because I made a typo in my email so it will never arrive)

And that's what I ment if Sennheiser could have used different foam in the HD598 then in the PC 360, but then again Velvet is different then Velour

Anyways: I'm from the Netherlands

I'm guessing you could not post unless your account was working.
Scrolling to the top of the screen on the upper right had side, you not not see.

0 new Messages             DieRespwnGameOn-Logout
 Subscriptions

It should be to the right of the search bar.

The chemicals used to make the Sennheiser's foam could be different then then ones to make Beterdynamic's foam.
Sennheiser I would guess gets all their foam from the same source, the HD598 and PC360 foam should be the same.
Whatever chemicals/dyes are used to treat assorted Velour pads and Velvet pads could be different.

Do you visit Amsterdam much, for the "cafes"?

Jul 29, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
I'm guessing you could not post unless your account was working.
Scrolling to the top of the screen on the upper right had side, you not not see.

0 new Messages             DieRespwnGameOn-Logout
 Subscriptions

It should be to the right of the search bar.

The chemicals used to make the Sennheiser's foam could be different then then ones to make Beterdynamic's foam.
Sennheiser I would guess gets all their foam from the same source, the HD598 and PC360 foam should be the same.
Whatever chemicals/dyes are used to treat assorted Velour pads and Velvet pads could be different.

Do you visit Amsterdam much, for the "cafes"?

I really can't find it I guess I'll have to contact someone about it

And I guess so then it has to be that one is Velvet (PC360) and the other is Velour (HD598) which was itchie but I'll try to find a good store and see if they have the Beyerdynamics and try them out if they don't itch and sound good then I've got a good headphone :D

But just wondering, I also had the AKG K701 (http://eu.akg.com/akg-product-detail-eu/k-701.html) on my mind which also looks very comfy but its a bit more exspensive then the beyer ones but if its worth it I don't mind

And I rarely visit Amsterdam (and I find it funny that everyone thats not from holland or not familiar with holland ask that same question)

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
I really can't find it I guess I'll have to contact someone about it

And I guess so then it has to be that one is Velvet (PC360) and the other is Velour (HD598) which was itchie but I'll try to find a good store and see if they have the Beyerdynamics and try them out if they don't itch and sound good then I've got a good headphone :D

But just wondering, I also had the AKG K701 (http://eu.akg.com/akg-product-detail-eu/k-701.html) on my mind which also looks very comfy but its a bit more exspensive then the Beyer ones but if its worth it I don't mind

And I rarely visit Amsterdam (and I find it funny that everyone that's not from Holland or not familiar with Holland ask that same question)

Have very little knowledge about the K701.

Amsterdam is the only thing the world knows about Holland and it's only because of two things, Amsterdam's "cafes" and the "Room Service".
Last time anyone really took an interest in Holland was May, 1940.

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
Have very little knowledge about the K701.

Amsterdam is the only thing the world knows about Holland and it's only because of two things, Amsterdam's "cafes" and the "Room Service".
Last time anyone really took an interest in Holland was May, 1940.

Well I just read some other forum posts on the K701 it doesn't seem to be that great so I'll probaly go for the Beyerdynamics

And haha I guess your right about that not much about holland, I'm glad that there are some good stores here though for things like headphones etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back