Looking for some recommendations!
Sep 19, 2011 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

koonhua90

Headphoneus Supremus
Holla everyone.

So right now I have FX-700 and the JH custom (being reshelled). I have only the Arrow amp and as for sources I have Ipod touch, Sflo2, ipod nano etc.

My question is, should I upgrade my sources or should I upgrade my earphones? I have been thinking about getting the HM 602 come this Thanksgiving, but is there any new earphone that sounds similar (and also priced similarly) to the FX-700 but is better?

Sep 19, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #2 of 5
The FX700 is still one of the best universals around in its class. If you're content with the FX700's sound, I'd personally recommend you stick with them for that very reason. While I've owned an Arrow 3G in the past, I currently own simply a FiiO E7 (which I was gifted) and Zo amp, and with the exception of the ER4S and RE262, I've never found the absolute need (per se) to use either one. As for the rest of my 2 dozen universals, I've never encountered any issues running them directly through my Sansa Clip+ or even my HTC G2.

Now, on the other hand, if you wish to try a different sound signature, there are a ton of options available, many of which are just as competent as the FX700's (more or less), just in a different flavor. Over all other universals (including the FX700 for me personally), the EX1000 receives my highest merit, through and trough. But with regards to an in-ear that sounds similar to, and is priced similar to the FX700, your best bet is to stick with the FX700 in my honest opinion, as it's still one of the absolute best universals available.

Just my 2 cents. All the best my friend! 
smile.gif

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks so much for your advice. So no change is required then. Perfection is not attainable anyway, and even if you have the perfect setup your ears are not high fidelity. 

Back to listening to music rather than listening to earphones. 

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #4 of 5
I will highely recommend to try Sony EX1000(it offers more details in mids n highs than FX700 with great bass response and ZO will even increase more) with ZO and overall sound willbe bass heavy without loosing any details, BTW HM-602 is perfect match for EX1000.

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #5 of 5
Upgrade source. If there is anything missing in the sound coming from source, headphones can not recover this, anything they add is a noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back