Looking for some portable headphones with good isolation
Jun 14, 2010 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

EternalEmpire

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of portables, mostly for use on the bus. I currently use IEMs but putting them in and taking them out gets a little fiddly at times, especially when you're trying to get a good seal and they keep falling out, after a while of having them in they tend to hurt my ears considerably too. So I figured I'd give some portables a try. I'd like to keep my budget at about £40 but I might be able to raise it if necessary. I mostly listen to dubstep, thrash metal, progressive metal and metalcore, as well as some rock and alternative rock.

So far I've looked at the AKG K518/K81 (from what I've read they're exactly the same, hoping someone could confirm this) but after reading about them more it appears they have a vice like grip on your head which gets pretty painful and the bass can become a little too much. I've also looked at the Audio Technica SJ5 which apparently offer better sound quality but have poor isolation so they wouldn't be very suited for long bus journeys surrounded by school kids shouting, etc.

Hoping someone could help me out please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back