Looking for some new IEM's
Feb 22, 2011 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kaymay

New Head-Fier
Price range: ~$125

Music Preference: Pop, Hip Hop, Soft Rock, soft music. Lots of range in musical preference.

Looking for: Best overall earphones for the price. Sound, durability, everything. I don't feel like buying a new pair for a while.

Interested in: Sunrise SW-Xcape (ver1 or ver2, does it matter?), NuForce NE700, Hiipo VB, Klipsch S4, Monster Turbine.

Any suggestions or comments?

Feb 23, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 9
HJE900

Feb 23, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:

Except they are now around the 200$ range 
confused_face.gif
. My vote is to pick up a refurbished Turbine from Monster (if refurbished products don't make you iffy on the purchase) and the RE0. If you don't like the thought of them being refurbished, I would go for the DBA-02 (a little more expensive at 160$) or the Phonak Audeo PFE 112.

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 9
You could post a new thread in the buying forum for less then $100.

Quote:
Except they are now around the 200$ range 
confused_face.gif
. My vote is to pick up a refurbished Turbine from Monster (if refurbished products don't make you iffy on the purchase) and the RE0. If you don't like the thought of them being refurbished, I would go for the DBA-02 (a little more expensive at 160$) or the Phonak Audeo PFE 112.

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #7 of 9
NuForce NE700, Hippo VB, Klipsch S4, Monster Turbine/ these are the bassy phones

the xcapes are the more balance, detailed listen out of your options.

The only ones of these I've heard of durability issues with is the Turbines, and with these other options, theyre out of their league, anyways. The S4's, too are not the best, option, in my opinion.

So, depending on what you would like (balance sound: xcapes, variable bass is appealing: Hippo VB, or high quality bass available from amazon etc: NE700) I would go for one of those three.

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks. I mean I am a bit skeptical in a way because the sunrise sw xcapes are really well reviewed around here but look very fragile. can you really hear that big of difference between them?

Feb 24, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #9 of 9
I can't tell you more on the durability than you can find out by reading reviews, as I'v enever handled  them myself :/
But, yes, the sound IS supposed to be noticeably clear, and very enjoyable to listen to. However, the NE700s and the VBs are also supposed to be great for different uses, it really does depend on what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back