Looking For Some IEMS ($100 and under) that are durable (good cable) good for working out and have volume control/song control.
Sep 5, 2013 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Kramerftw

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a pair of IEMS that are $100 or less.

I already own a closed set of shure srh840 headphones. That is what I use at home on my computer.

The IEMS will be used for when im working out and when im on the train/bus or work.

I want it to have a durable cable (wont randomly cause the sound to go out in one of the ears) and wont tangle.

And I want it to have volume/mute and song control if possible. that is a very good feature.

and also, since I will be using them while im working out, i want them to be able to resist damage from sweat
redface.gif

the sound quality isnt a main focus of mine... because honestly... I was previously using the iems that came with my lg optimus lte and the quality was "good enough" on them.
until the sound randomly starting going out of my left ear when the cable moved.. .(theyre finished now)

so I have confidence that $100 headphones will be good quality for me.

I just started researching headphones in my price range
 and I was looking at the shure se215's.

they seem alright, but they have this weird design to them that I feel wont be comfortable. also ppl have been reporting cable issues (the same ones I had with my crappy cell phone iems)
they also dont have volume control on them. you have to buy the 50 dollar (haha) accessory cable to get that.

so do you guys have any sugestions for me?

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #5 of 8
I'd take a good look a:

The MEElectronics A151 (worn cable up, no i-controls, but they sound great, have a fantastic cable, and cost under $50) 
The MEElectronics A161p (worn cable down instead of cable up and includes inline controls for $90)
The Soundmagic E10m (worn cable down, decent accessories, and maybe best SQ out of these 3, $50)

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #6 of 8
I have the SE215 and I love them.  The ergo-fit style looks a lot weirder than it feels; in fact I have come to prefer that style because the earphones tend to stay in better and block more outside noise.  Also the cable does a better job of staying out of the way of arm movements than normal fit, and they can easily be worn with the cable going behind your neck/down your back, too. They are on the bigger side, though, so if you have small ears, steer clear; mine are pretty average sized and they fit snugly.

For $150-ish you can get the one with android compatible remote (or buy the regular model and get a $25 UE900 relpacement mic cable; the mic on the Shure cable is waaaay nicer though).

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #7 of 8
I Agree with Gilly87

The Shure se215 have similar design to the westones. I find them very comfortable and they isolate A LOT of noise which is good for train and bus. The cable is designed to loop up around the top of your ear which prevents them from falling out easily during workout and prevents that annoying low frequency sound you get whenever you touch or bump the cable, which is great for running. The cable is near bulletproof though it doesnt come with mic and controls and is a tad heavy. You can also check out some low end westone models, should be around that price range.

Sep 10, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #8 of 8
Just an aside, $50 might seem like a lot for a cable, but the mic Shure puts on there is far and away the best inline mic I've ever used. I go biking with my set and even riding 20mph+ with the mic behind my neck, people can still understand me easily. Really, really impressive for a headphone mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back