Looking for recommendation for E-Drums. Sans-amp.
Jan 31, 2011 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Zida

500+ Head-Fier
I think this thread should be a little different than most headphones recommendation threads...

A couple months back I picked up an electronic drum kit (Yamaha DTXpress iv special, if there's any curious E-drummers here). Luckily, I already had a bit of an arsenal of headphones to pick between though only 2 made any particular sense, DT990 and some modded D2000.

What I need is something with impact and slam. Some clarity but it doesn't need to be too musically impressive. It is running on a particularly crappy headphone out. Focus on kicking bass and some treble. 

The DT990 were alright but the shorter coiled cable made them a pain, and they just didn't do it like the Denons. The Denons are D2000 with D5000 cups which were Markl modded. So sort of a halfway Markl mod. They actually work very well with the kit. The only reason I'm making this thread is because I feel like I'm wasting them on my e-kit and would rather sell them to someone and buy myself something cheaper to work with. I'm trying to look for something under $200, but recommend me what you will since it's not really a limited budget. If it replaces my Denon's then it will be replacing $350 headphones.

I'm particularly wondering about the ATH-M50, D1001 and maybe some Sonys, but really, mention anything you have experience with. Much brownie points if you have Denon experience to compare with.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back