Looking for quality Earphones or IEMS for $100
Aug 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Noservice

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am a first time poster seeking some help. I own a pair of studio beats and some sol republic amp hds. I understand that beats are not the best sounding headphones but the built in amp does provide for some punchy bass. The amps hds are decent, but right out of the package the right ear phone crackles. I can return my amps, so I am looking for good earphones for $100 with a build quality and bass as good if not better than the amps hds for the same price. Thank you in advance for anyone who tends to my sound quality woes. 

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 5
It depends and ranges with the type of the sound signature you need.

If you need balanced/analytical sound the best bet would be Rockit sounds R-50 which is 120$ , but the extra 20$ is more than worth to spend. Imo it easily beats my Westone 3 which costs around 300$, the non-fatiguing highs, amazing mids and good bass not much in height but in depth, it is a good fun sounding IEM. If you need accuracy, detailing this is the best bet but the bass would not be enough if you are a bass head.

If you cant afford the extra 20$, you can go for Meelectronics A161P, the same sound signature as above, but it includes a mic and the best customer/warranty service you can ever get.

Another option would be vsonic GR 06, having a good mid centric signature, and very good sound stage and airyness for the price, it better suits for one who have no opinion of which signature to choose.

If youre a bass head, Yamaha EPH-100 would be the best choice, having the best bass response in good depth and height but also having , very good noise isolation, and a durable cable.

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm down with everything the above poster said except the best balanced/accurate earphone. I think the Etymotic HF5 is definitely the best accurate earphone you can get in the $100-$150 price range. There's really not many other earphones that are more accurate and neutral than the Etymotic.

Aug 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #5 of 5
For bassheads, Hippo VB is very good. Bass reaches very deep and has strong impact. The bass is also adjustable. Overall it is quite warm, musical with decent detail and great bass.

Fischer Audio Eterna and Genesis are good choices as well. I owned the Genesis and I enjoyed the bass a lot. Sadly I lost it :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back