Looking for over the ear headphones for commuting...
Jun 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #16 of 25
in all honestly not worth the hassle
if you use from computer look at uDAC or Fiio E7 as avoids computers sound card.

I use my senns straight from my ipod and they are my favourite headphones, just because they deal with every genre well, they (in my opinion) dont have a weak point :p 

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #17 of 25
My recommendation is the koss portapros. although they are $30 from amazon, they are pretty darned good. You can also hear horns honking. also, if you want some more bass and isolation, mdr-xb300 sony from amazon

Jun 28, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #19 of 25
Off the top of my head the hd-1 ii comes with more stuff (velours, bag & 6.3mm adapter)
It also has a better cable (steel) - one of the best cables iv seen on a portable headphone (dunno why people replace)
cord is also double sided on sp which i find annoying for portable (goes down one side on hd25-1 iis)

The hd25-1 ii is more comfortable (split band with padding rather than 1)
the sp less durable (never owned the sp but after having a play with them both before the hd25-1 ii is definetly more durable)

Iv also heard something mentioned about the sp not being as good at isolating, cant comment there. I can say the 1-iis to isolate well though. 
The drivers are also cheaper versions in the SP (not exactly sure how much worse though to be honest)

Overall the sp is the cheaper version, and the HD25-1 ii is better in every way except price :p 

Wait i compared Hd25-1 ii & hd25 sp 
is there a hd25 ii? 

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #20 of 25
[size=small]okay i took the plunge!!!! ordered the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II from amazon for 150!!!1 WOOOOWWWWWWWEEEEEEEE!!! Cant wait for my new headphones....  i didnt order an amp due to the comments it doesnt really make a difference... [/size]

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #21 of 25
congrats
hope you enjoy them
just remember when they arrive they can clamp a little, give them a while and they will be more comfy. 
you could try carefully stretching them a little so they dont clamp as much. 

also i recommend you try the velour pads & the stock ones (both in the box) and see which one you prefer, some people think the velour helps alot, im not one of those people though :p

Jun 30, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #25 of 25
Well, my Senn HD25 C-II ---- great, without any cons (for me, at least :)

I think that you choose good cans ([size=medium]HD 25-1 II)
wink_face.gif
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back