Looking for New Headphones - 75$
Oct 6, 2011 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

meatbasher

New Head-Fier
Hey guys.
I have finally decided to buy a pair of cans.

I will be using them for Games + Music + Movies.

I need some tight Bass and good SQ and voice clarity.

Another factor I am looking forward to is, the cans should be comfortable in wearing and the EARS SHOULD NOT get TOO hot while wearing them.

I am interested in the following - 
1.) JVC HARX700 - Has got remarkable reviews. But people are saying they get TOO HOT!
2.) Audio Technica M-35 - Good reviews. People saying neutral voice, not much bass.

Please suggest guys. :)

I am really looking forward to buy the JVC Cans. But i am worried about them getting TOO hot.

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #2 of 43
I would consider the Koss Pro DJ 100,
after seeing the tdockweiler review (and also because I'm happy with my relatively cheap koss ksc75):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/571216/koss-pro-dj100-the-budget-king

Oct 6, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #3 of 43
Sorry, those are not available in my country.

Please give a comparison between AT M-35 and JVC RX700.
Also, JVC Rx700 users - Do they get TOO hot ? Or is the heat within the comfortable parameters?
How is the performance with Trance and House Music and also while gaming?

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #5 of 43
Have you taken a look at the Fostex T50RP thread? Those are going for $75 dollars, and are apparently excellent quality if you're cool with modding them (that might take the cost up a little, though). When modded, they've gotten favorable comparisons to HD650s, and even LCD-2s. Just a thought :)

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #7 of 43
Never heard of the Fostex! I don't want to experiment anything.

@MalVeaux
Those also not available in my country? Are they really good compared to JVC RX 700? If yes, i can source them from abroad.

Oct 6, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #11 of 43
Can't i add the same VELOR PADS ( Which MalVeauX mentioned ) in this ? Or any other alternative?
Will it improve the warmth?

Also..Sound wise.. Is the JVC RX 700 better or Panasonic RP-HTF600
ir
 ?

Oct 6, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #12 of 43
Well first you have to see if they're the same size, I haven't seen an RX700 with velour but that isn't to say velour pads don't exist. You could try sanitary covers as silly as it sounds, I know a few people do that to avoid contact with pleather.

Also something to consider; velour will change the sound as the seal isn't as great, ultimately you will loose a little of the low end.

I haven't heard the RP-HTF600 and finding people that have heard both might be few and far between. I read that the RP-HTF600 are bass-head monsters, might not be the sound you're looking for.

Oct 6, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #13 of 43
Sound quality wise, the RX700's are good for games and have a decent bass. They get hot after 2 hours of use, depending on weather conditions. 

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #14 of 43

Quote:
Can't i add the same VELOR PADS ( Which MalVeauX mentioned ) in this ? Or any other alternative?
Will it improve the warmth?

Also..Sound wise.. Is the JVC RX 700 better or Panasonic RP-HTF600
ir
 ?

The JVCHARX700s don't even come close to the HTF600s. Look at my thread. There are several HARX700 and HTF600 owners. Not just my self that did severval head to head comparisions. I will copy and paste my impressions. 

Well I dusted my old JVC HARX700s. I have to say the JVCs are a good bargain phone and will have many swearing by them but they don't even come close to the HTF600s in over all sound. Not only are the highs and mids more detailed and present but to my surprise I remembered the JVCs not lacking in the Bass department and they don't however the JVCs sound kinda lacking in comparison. The HTF600s are much more fuller sounding in the bass department.. Better in every regard. .Bigger punch better extension in the sub bass.. Fuller sounds overall. The off set drivers give a sense of immersion with bassy tunes. The JVCs sound like a standard headphone which they are...Doing more and more sound comparisons there is a clear difference..The JVCs sound like a good $50 phone the HTF600s sounds like a good $150 plus phone.. That is the best way I can put it..

You can read this thread with various reviews and peoples takes on these here. 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/571005/the-panasonic-rp-htf600-s-headphones-more-fun-than-the-hd650/360#post_7806372  Go the beginning of the thread and you can skim through but. There are numerous owners of high end cans that all love the THTF600 for good reason. They are astonishing if you can track one down. Music Movies n Games. It does it all.

AS per the velour pads. They do add to the comfort level and refine the sounds a bit but not a 100% necessity.. I would try n track down one if you can and you can always add some better pads for em later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back