Looking for most suitable IEM for DnB ~100£/150$
Jan 8, 2011 at 11:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Biesas

100+ Head-Fier
[size=medium]Hi Everybody![/size]

[size=medium]Have been stalking these forums for well over a year now. These forums have helped me hugely to decide on my first set of IEM's which was Eterna rev.1. But sadly after owning them for a good year they gave up on me (after a LOT of abuse).[/size]

[size=medium]I really LOVE the Eterna! The sound it produced has put a smile on my face every morning this all time I have had them.[/size]
[size=medium]Just as it was described many times before the Eternas are fun to listen. I loved the bass and just about everything about them.[/size]

[size=medium]So as the title says im looking for something to replace them. So far I have been considering these IEMs:[/size]
[size=medium]*SBA-01 >[/size]
[size=medium]                   >  (i reckon both of these will have to come of my list for my music/sound signature preference)[/size]
[size=medium]*DBA-02 >[/size]
[size=medium]*Panasonic RP-HJE900[/size]
[size=medium]*Audio-technica ATH-CKS70[/size]
[size=medium]*Hippo VB[/size]

[size=medium]90% of the time I listend to dnb tracks like I.E:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdgbI17JbII[/size]
[size=medium]                                                                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8xvW9W6r2w[/size]

[size=medium]As I said a few times to many I LOVE how the Eternas sound, but maybe there is something out there which would suit me better. I have raised the amount of money I would spend on new IEMs.[/size]
[size=medium]I would still consider getting the Eternas rev.1 again (since they should be in stock very soon!!!) if there is nothing better out there that would suit me.[/size]
[size=medium]I wont lie im after good bass but I do like to hear as much instruments as there are in the music i listen to. Lets say to comparison after listening to my Eternas I just cant bear listening to music on any other lower spec source and speakers/heaphones ets.[/size]
[size=medium]I have used my Eternas with my Cowon S9 player EQed all the time. Either Headphone 1 or Mach 3 Bass EQ options.[/size]

[size=medium]I would really like to hear as many opinions as possible, Im open to all suggestions I will get.[/size]
[size=medium]Thanks in advance! :wink: [/size]

[size=medium]Edit: BTW I listen to music fairly loud on my Cowon its anywhere from 30 to 35 (out of 40)[/size]

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #2 of 16
Bump :/
Any help please?

Jan 9, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 16
Is it much of improvement over the Eternas?

Jan 10, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 16
Bump again :/
Any advice would be much apriciated
confused.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #7 of 16
I can't speak for the other models but I had some HJE900s for a couple of weeks before losing them, having just sold my Etymotic HF2s.  Panas had kick ass bass, low end extension & control, no flabbiness, slightly recessed mids, and highs that excited  (but didn't quite sparkle in the uppermost octave like the Etys).  I listened to (amongst other things) 'bass heavy' Detroit/minimal techno & electronica/ & other genres (alt rock/orchestral/that don't punch the low end quite so hard.  Pana's nailed almost everything, with the exception of exposing sibilance occasionally. Short cables a pain but incredible build quality and finish and the fact that the cables are replaceable negate this & most of its faults, its 1 real weakness was that it didn't isolate brilliantly. Def VFM. 

Will def buy again at some point if I can find some comfy tips/get some custom tips made. Needed at least 20 hour burn in imho.

Very fun iem IMHO and sorely missed-although i never found them that comfy (or any iem so far, the Etys nearly made my eyes water). 

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #8 of 16
Well what I have loved about my eternas was that ever present bass which wasnt that sharp type of bass more of a softer bass i would say (my opinion, sry its quite hard for me to describe it). Is it safe to say that the HJE900 has the same type of bass? And is it worth 2x the money of the eternas? I would be able to get the eternas for about 50£/75$ and the HJE for ~100£/150-160$?
Its quite hard to find the HJE900 on the web, or lets say I can find it but the prices start at 100£. Anybody could suggest some website where i would be able to get them cheaper and that would ship to UK?
I know that play.com (which is an UK retailer) had them on sale for something silly like 60£ but that was about half a year ago ;(((
Or lets say is it worth getting the DBA-02 for the same price? But I think I should stay away from it for my music preferance :/

Waiting for more suggestions or more insight on the HJE900 :wink:

Thank you very much for the advices so far!

Jan 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #9 of 16
I have the HJE900 and the bass is fantastic along with the build quality. Microphonics are low (although the cable could be short for some) although I couldn't really say much more since i never heard the eternas i highly recommend the panas. you can get the them for £90 on amazon (the UK one)

Edit: Oh and as of now there are only 3 left in stock according to amazon, so you might want to hurry!

Jan 11, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #10 of 16

Quote:
I have the HJE900 and the bass is fantastic along with the build quality. Microphonics are low (although the cable could be short for some) although I couldn't really say much more since i never heard the eternas i highly recommend the panas. you can get the them for £90 on amazon (the UK one)

Edit: Oh and as of now there are only 3 left in stock according to amazon, so you might want to hurry!

1+ That cable is annoying as hell though make sure you hop over to Sleek...

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #11 of 16
How about some Munito 9mms>? I LOVE mine and what I like is something with great thunderous bass but clear mids and His that can really shine amid the heavy yet undistorted bass. To me it sounds like you might like them quite abit. Especially if you are willing to EQ your source the munitos can be very adaptable to even other not bass heavy genres!

And I also believe theres a sale on them right now which is listed in another thread on the forums.

Jan 24, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #13 of 16
Well after considering for a while i decided to go with the HJE900. Nice IEM but not for my taste :\ ordered Eterna rev.1 today. The HJE900 is a good sounding IEM but the bass wasnt the type i was looking for.
Looking to sell my HJE900 now. Excellent condintion, filters still on, not a scratch, only used them for about 3 Hours max. Anybody interested? ;D

Jan 26, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #15 of 16
honestly, I feel the westone um1 (amped) would be great for that genre.  VERY warm and fun with plenty of low end kick when amped.  I don't listen to much of that genre of music, although I occasionally do, and I find my um1's are the best IEMs I've heard for it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back