Looking for in ears with crazy bass
Jun 11, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #19 of 45
You're gonna buy the MEElec M6?

I just checked and it's $29 at meelec.com "on sale" and out of stock, how can something be on sale and out of stock at the same time?

Imho $29 isn't worth it for that IEM, well I have the FA Tau and it looks identical, I'm pretty sure it's the same IEM, and it's not worth $29.

Get a Yuin PK3 or something that's the famous $29 earphone on head-fi.

Or check out the "Hippo" stuff I think they have some cheap IEM's with "crazy bass".

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #20 of 45

Quote:
x2 for the M9

I borrowed a pair that I bought for my girlfriend while other IEMs of mine were in transit and I thought they sounded phenomenal. At the time, I thought they sounded better than my IE8's,

well that certainly says something about IE8.

Sometimes I wonder if "soundstage" is a subjective phenomenon derived from the shape of our ear canals or something, I mean I listened to the IE8 on demo in a shop at an airport and I couldn't hear any phenomonal soundstage at all, and it sounded pretty sub-par overall for the asking price, they could have been fakes on display for customers to demo but what's the point in that Lol.

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #21 of 45

Quote:

well that certainly says something about IE8.

Sometimes I wonder if "soundstage" is a subjective phenomenon derived from the shape of our ear canals or something, I mean I listened to the IE8 on demo in a shop at an airport and I couldn't hear any phenomonal soundstage at all, and it sounded pretty sub-par overall for the asking price, they could have been fakes on display for customers to demo but what's the point in that Lol.

Although the M9's do sound good, in retrospect I don't think they sounded better than the IE8. To even compare them to the IE8 is an accomplishment though...

And I thought they had a HUGE sound-stage, but in the same token, they made almost all of music catelogue sound "distant." I know that's the effect the sound-stage of the IE8 has on music, I just didn't like it.

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #22 of 45
SP51 + Black Ports sounds better than Monster Turbine (not pro) on unAmped iPod's.
They are very natural with a big boomy natural bass. I was very surpriced when i saw their price, they sounds like 150-200$ earphones:wink:
+ you will have another 2 good ports = you will have 3 pairs of very good earphones.

FA Tau just looks like M6, they sounds not very good, they have only covers like M6.

Sp51 has only covers like Hippo vb, not drivers (and cord)

Also try Shure SE215, they are good.

IE8 from top league, after good burning (200+ hours) they sounds like big headphones, big sound, good bass (but not good speed), huge soundstage.

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #23 of 45
Someone hold him down i'll get the rectal suction biopsy tools. 
blink.gif

Quote:

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #24 of 45

Quote:
ok seems like MEE is the way to go, am I going to notice a big jump in bass from SoundMagic pl30 to MEE?

I can guarantee you will...  Unless you get a bad seal (which is why I'd suggest the M9 over the M6 since people get fit issues).  If you get the SP51, those are supposed to have some rumbling bass too.  Positive side to this is that if it's too much, you can tone it down, if it's too little, you can put it up :p

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #25 of 45

Quote:
Someone hold him down i'll get the rectal suction biopsy tools. 
blink.gif

That sounds painful, but he deserves it.  Alright, I'll hold him down...  But I think Chinese water torture or water-boarding is the way to go :)

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #26 of 45
We're so Evil 
evil_smiley.gif

No idea what the Chinese water torture is, However forcing him to listen to £1 headphones through a laptop sound card would be far more worst and fitting!.
Ow how i love my FooBar2000 and my E7+E9 
beyersmile.png

Nattyful.

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #28 of 45
eek.gif

Quote:
The Chinese water torture involves the person being strapped down to a chair or flat-bed with drops of water dripping on his head in timed intervals.

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #30 of 45

Quote:
The Chinese water torture involves the person being strapped down to a chair or flat-bed with drops of water dripping on his head in timed intervals.

This is correct.  It makes people go insane (literally insane) because they can't sleep with it doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back