Looking for headphones for electronic music
Jan 31, 2011 at 6:26 AM Post #19 of 30
If you have an unrestricted budget, I would suggest the LCD-2, good for all kinds of electronic, trance and dance music. And if you don't mind using IEMs, Monsters Turbine Pro Coppers are great too, especially with analogue synthesizers and electronic percussions sounds. 
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #20 of 30

Quote:
If you have an unrestricted budget, I would suggest the LCD-2.

Yes, I just bought the LCD-2, but I'm still thinking about trying some electrostatic quality, I have much curiosity, but the problem is the amplification, with very high prices. . Is it really necessary to change the original cable, there is a big improvement ?

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #21 of 30
what type of electronic music tho? trance,electro,hardstyle,hardcore,dnb,dubstep,ect.?

if it's genres like vocal trance,ambient,breakcore,IDM and trip-hop it'll benefit from a headphone with a nice soundstage cause lot of these tracks have very good stereo image. if it's hardstyle,hardcore,electro,DnB,Dubstep it'll beneifit with more bass impact. 

Feb 2, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #22 of 30

Quote:
what type of electronic music tho? trance,electro,hardstyle,hardcore,dnb,dubstep,ect.?

Trance ,House , Big beat, Techno( no Techno hardcore)- I think writing a few groups of electronic music, you can get an idea.
Gary Numan, Depeche Mode, Vangelis, Tangerine Dream, Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Fatboy Slim, 4strings, ATB, Armin Van Buuren ....

Feb 2, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #23 of 30
So do you like the LCD-2? Some people think the LCD-2 is treble shy which I don't, and some say pure silver cables will boost the treble. I had some pure silver cables made specially for mine, they do make a little difference but whether that little change is worth the cost is very subjective.
To me, HD800 is too bass light for electronic music, and same goes for the electrostatic headphones that I have heard, although I've not tried the Stax Omegas.
For me, the Turbine Pro Coppers are the best for listening to music like Kraftwerk, Gary Numan, Ultravox and Depeche Mode, have to mention that again because I think they are really that good. :wink:

Quote:
Yes, I just bought the LCD-2, but I'm still thinking about trying some electrostatic quality, I have much curiosity, but the problem is the amplification, with very high prices. . Is it really necessary to change the original cable, there is a big improvement ?

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #24 of 30

Quote:
For me, the Turbine Pro Coppers are the best for listening to music like Kraftwerk, Gary Numan, Ultravox and Depeche Mode, have to mention that again because I think they are really that good. :wink:

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion, I have read that Stax Omega sound great with electronic music but with a very powerful amplifier, such as BHSE. The LCD-2 are still on the way, the reviews talk about headphones that go well with all kinds of music.

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #25 of 30
I don't know if I would consider anything but Ultrasone for electronic. My HFI-580 are what made me start listening to house. The bass is by far the punchiest I've ever heard out of a set of headphones. Soundstage is nice and wide, but without any echo that often comes with closed cans. The highs are quite tame, which makes for very easy listening.

Granted, I have yet to hear electrostatics. But compared to other dynamic headphones like HD650 and Beyer DT770s, the Ultrasones have them beat by a very large margin.

Feb 2, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #27 of 30
PRO 900 is top notch!  Although, I love DT-990 just as much.

Feb 2, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #28 of 30
i spent a day listening to dt990s with all the artist u mentioned and i didnt like it the bass was good however the mids recessed (especially for vocal trance) and the trebles are too bright rather fatiguing for me personally

im gettin hd650s this week ill let you know how they do with electronic, i listen to vocal, progressive, uplifting and hardstyle at least hrs a day

atm i love my ie8 with it when commutting so hopefully hd650 will have a similar bass/soundstage/nice vocal&mids

Feb 2, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #29 of 30
If you like senns, its hard to go from the senn veil to the DT-990s detail quickly.  There is a lot of ear burn-in to happen before a decision is to be made. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back