Looking for headphone recommendations
Nov 21, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #16 of 20
Thank you SoSpecial for pointing out the abundance of AD700, I think I would probably go after this pair since the lack of bass is not really a concern for me, what i prefer is still the positioning of sound in shooting that my speaker couldn't give me. Hope its not a bad choice afterall. Do you guys have any idea which site would be the best choice to purchase this pair? amazon? newegg?

p/s: I am sorry TS for hijacking your thread =P

Nov 21, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
Thank you SoSpecial for pointing out the abundance of AD700, I think I would probably go after this pair since the lack of bass is not really a concern for me, what i prefer is still the positioning of sound in shooting that my speaker couldn't give me. Hope its not a bad choice afterall. Do you guys have any idea which site would be the best choice to purchase this pair? amazon? newegg?

p/s: I am sorry TS for hijacking your thread =P

AD700's lack of bass is actually good for gaming, it means that when the grenades are exploding the really bright highs  with lots of details( one thing they are also incredible at) will shine through the bass. The bass is there but it's not pronounced. They also sound decent in music just a bit bass shy.

Also Amazon is great unless you get a better deal at a smaller dealer.

Quote:
FunkyMonkey said:

The 750DJs are out of my price range for now, though what is the major difference between them and the 440s? Keep in mind I don't have an amp, only a soundcard, and I don't want open air headphones. The MDR-V6 looks nice too, any other opinions on those vs the 440 or others?

I believe there are few used 750DJ's in the market place right now for $100 each, really wanna push this one cause it will be what your looking for.

The V6 is good, but the highs are to exageratted, and many people( myself included) find them to be a little harsh due to that fact, they are good headphones just the highs are extended for audio tracking purpouses and aren't really well suited for personal enjoyment.

The 440's are similiar as well they are a more balananed detailed headphone that lacks the bass the 750dj's can provide They have also been reported  to having some major comfort issue. For what they are they do well though, being studio monitors the 440's and the 840's are hard to beat.

Nov 21, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #18 of 20
Oh ya there is another consideration actually, I am wearing glasses, and do this pair of headphones have any conflict with users who wear glasses? What I mean is normal person might find it very comfortable but person with glasses on might find it actually troubles them and their glasses.

Nov 21, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #19 of 20

Quote:
Umm... they aren't?

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU

Am I missing something here? 0.o

Nope - my bad entirely.  I keep getting them mixed up with Denon "AHD's" which are often shortended to "AD's."  Sorry.
redface.gif

Nov 22, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #20 of 20

Quote:
Quote:
FunkyMonkey said:

The 750DJs are out of my price range for now, though what is the major difference between them and the 440s? Keep in mind I don't have an amp, only a soundcard, and I don't want open air headphones. The MDR-V6 looks nice too, any other opinions on those vs the 440 or others?

I believe there are few used 750DJ's in the market place right now for $100 each, really wanna push this one cause it will be what your looking for.

The V6 is good, but the highs are to exageratted, and many people( myself included) find them to be a little harsh due to that fact, they are good headphones just the highs are extended for audio tracking purpouses and aren't really well suited for personal enjoyment.

The 440's are similiar as well they are a more balananed detailed headphone that lacks the bass the 750dj's can provide They have also been reported  to having some major comfort issue. For what they are they do well though, being studio monitors the 440's and the 840's are hard to beat.

Oh I was looking on Amazon this whole time for prices, my bad. I might just have to look into buying the 750dj's from someone on this site then, as I see a few threads selling them. Thanks for all the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back