Looking for good headphones for $100
Oct 24, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #16 of 22

Quote:
Sorry if I missed reading about this earlier, but what equipment do you plug your HD448 into? 

Mostly straight out of my nokia 5800 which is decent, though I'm probably going to buy the Meier Audio Corda Stepdance. Second I use them for my computer with the onboard sound cart. And at last (but not least) the Arcam CD73 with Naim power supply, pre and power amplifier but I rarely use my headphone with this equipment since the totem staff speakers are way better than the HD448.

Oct 24, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #17 of 22
I plan to plug it directly into my Sound Blaster Xtremegamer no iPod MP3 player etc. I may later out but not for now.
I'm pretty much set on the ATH-M50s after hearing the HD448 lacks bass. I don't really want to buy am amp so I think this is the best pick for me. Also how would you say these are for production as well? I plan to mess around with music later on (VST synths etc.)

Oct 24, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #18 of 22
Now I have to look for a store to buy them from

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/644388-REG/Audio_Technica_ATH_M50S_ATH_M50s_Professional_Closed_Back_Studio.html

You think it's ok to buy them from this place? Now I'm reading there is fake ATH-M50's

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
I plan to plug it directly into my Sound Blaster Xtremegamer no iPod MP3 player etc. I may later out but not for now.
I'm pretty much set on the ATH-M50s after hearing the HD448 lacks bass. I don't really want to buy am amp so I think this is the best pick for me. Also how would you say these are for production as well? I plan to mess around with music later on (VST synths etc.)

I don't think it's necessary to buy a amp with your soundcart. It will have good enough drive capabilities to drive any 32ohm headphone.

Oct 26, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #20 of 22
Well the ATH-M50s are 38 Ohm so they have a little higher Impedance then a 32 Ohm.

Do you think I would need an amp to fully experience them? My friend who produces Music and loves Sennhiser says that it may need an amp to fully experience the M50s

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #21 of 22

Quote:
Well the ATH-M50s are 38 Ohm so they have a little higher Impedance then a 32 Ohm.

Do you think I would need an amp to fully experience them? My friend who produces Music and loves Sennhiser says that it may need an amp to fully experience the M50s

Your sound cart probably has enough 'juice' to power a 600 ohm headphone. You only need about 25mW of power to blow your eardrums to pieces
atsmile.gif
. Producing sound doesn't cost much energie, the 'watts' are for short peaks in the sound where you need a short boost. Moreover you only need amperes not voltage, so 'watts' don't say everything.

Oct 31, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #22 of 22
I doubt my soundcard can handle a 600 Ohm headphone your not serious right?

I'll be ordering the ATH-M50s tomorrow and I'm excited! Finally get rid of these POS plantronics that distort the hell out of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back