Looking for entry-level Grados/Senns
Oct 22, 2005 at 11:36 PM Post #61 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riku540
Apparently nobody caught this, but I stated in my earlier post that the only reason I am willing to consider spending $200 on the HF-1’s is because of their limited quantity. Other than the HF-1’s, I’m still sticking to my original $70 price limit.

$70-- well back to sr-60 vs 497. You could still buy both of them and return what you don't like.

Oct 23, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #62 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by sionghchan
Errr...how else would you term best bang for the buck? Isn't it dollar to dollar comparison of the sound quality?

In anycase, like I said, just my humble OPINION... Peace dude..

Cheers!
SH

Meant nothing by it sionghchan... Sorry if I seemed alittle tenacious. I wanted to give the other perspective of what to purchase besides Senns since they do match very well what Riku540 wanted. What some people consider to be colored cans may be misleading to others. That's what I wanted to convey. Sorry if I came off the wrong way. I am a long believer of buying Senns of course... Just doesn't seem to be the right time and place for Riku540 IMHO
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2005 at 2:14 PM Post #63 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by grasshpr
Meant nothing by it sionghchan... Sorry if I seemed alittle tenacious. I wanted to give the other perspective of what to purchase besides Senns since they do match very well what Riku540 wanted. What some people consider to be colored cans may be misleading to others. That's what I wanted to convey. Sorry if I came off the wrong way. I am a long believer of buying Senns of course... Just doesn't seem to be the right time and place for Riku540 IMHO
smily_headphones1.gif

No worries ... no hard feelings here. I do agree with you if he were to be talking about $70 cans..I do feel that the SR60 give a great bang for the buck... However, climbing up the chain, I think Grados do get very expensive very fast. IMHO, just not the wisest use of money..however, not my money...so, I am only giving opinons...follow it or not, I'll leave it up to the buyer..
smily_headphones1.gif
However, I do agree also that Grado do have its place, good rock cans... Just not quite my taste. Also, I felt that the HD580 makes just as good a rock pair of headphones... However, there is many who still prefer the intimacy of what Grado can give you. Just not so much myself. However, everyone's different..
smily_headphones1.gif
that's the interesting part. In anycase, all headphones are fun...one must try everything at least once..
smily_headphones1.gif
I've tried my Grados, Beyers, and Senns... Time for some AKG...
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #64 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by sionghchan
Time for some AKG...
biggrin.gif

Don't even get me started on AKG's! Their awesome! They just suck up way too much power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back