Looking for comfortable open headphones sub 200$
Oct 29, 2010 at 2:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Vheissu

New Head-Fier
So I gave away my pc speakers and am looking for a good pair of headphones. I'd like them to be comfortable for long periods of wear and open, or at least not entirely sound proof.  I listen to a lot of sludge metal and electronic music so it's important that the lower range feels substantial without getting all muddy.

So far I have tried the ath ad700's which were super comfortable and sounded excellent. This was at a show-room though, so I'm not sure how much I can trust the store's choice of music.
A friend let me try his sennheiser 515's as well. They felt okay, but I wasn't able to get a feel for their sound quality (he was playing call of duty at the time, which isn't exactly a benchmark for music.)

Also, I'll be driving the headphones with a sound card. I'm trying to find a decent deal using http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/279364-28-sound-cards-onboard-sounds-good as a guide, 

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Oct 29, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #3 of 3
Thank you.

I can spend up to 350 (canadian) in total. Unfortunately I've had a lot of issues with my motherboard's onboard sound drivers, so getting a new soundcard is a priority.

The headphones are meant mostly for music. I do spend some time gaming as well, but half of the time I just turn the sound down and listen to my own music instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back