Looking for Cans in the 150-250 USD range.
Sep 29, 2010 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Pouletmagique

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

1st time poster, been reading for about 1 year. I've tried searching for a comparison thread of cans with reviews (i remember there was one but i can't find it) but to no avail. Hopefully someone will either lead the way or just give me some suggestions!

So here is the breakdown :

Looking for closed cans in the 150-250 price range. Sound isolation is a must because i want to use them at work and while taking public transit so i want to cancel out exterior noise. I would also like for them to not leak too much, but not at the cost of a smaller soundstage. Comfort is also something important for me as i will be wearing them maybe 3-4hours per day.

I listen to alot of electro and also rock/punk/alternative, so nothing too heavy on the bass, but i want to be able to feel the groove when listening to bassy electro tracks.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I'm currently using Nu-Force ne-7m as my main set plugged into a Cowon S9 music player. So i would want a substantial upgrade in sound from these.

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #5 of 7
Is size an issue?

Are you looking for any specific sound signature?

A closed design will give you isolation you're seeking, but it does cut out some options.

Many people have stepped to IEMs to deal with sound isolation in a much more compact, portable way.  A question might be, what would you rather be hauling around?  An IEM or a full-sized headphone?

Sep 30, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #6 of 7
Definitely want a fullsized headphone. I have IEMs (NU-Force ne-7m) and althought i love them, they are still a little bit uncomfortable for me.

Size is not really an issue, i just want them to be somewhat portable as i will be moving them between work and home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back