Looking for best price on monster miles Davis tribune earphones?
Jun 6, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #31 of 117

Quote:
Quote:
Isn’t that like buying a Kia with a lifetime drive train warranty instead of a Porsche?

Good Luck, you will probably need it.

I don't see how the terms of the monster warranty are different from those of any other firm. In fact, it doesn't even require registering the product unlike many others. I suggest you leave commenting on Monster's warranty support to those who have actually experienced it. I, for one, thought it was completely painless.

Pretty painless here too, in regards with Monster's warranty service. Considering he's trolling multiple threads right now, best advice is: don't feed the trolls.

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #32 of 117

Quote:
Sumflow

I totally hear you brother and I know that the westones may very well be the better option here. And since I was offered such a great deal from a seller you put me on to I think I'm going to get um3x and try them both! Thanks, I will def do a comparison and post images and maybe even a YouTube video... Stay tuned guys

P.s. I'm not into porches, I'm a BMW kind of guy...!!

Uh, no, this guy likes to give out terrible advice. The westones have a very mixed reputation among trustworthy people here (e.g. not sumflow).

You're getting snowed by a poster who is getting many of his posts reported. Just a word to the wise. Sumflow is not your friend.

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #33 of 117
Thanks for the heads up, I knew the guy was a bit odd when he sent me these super detailed pm's trying to get me to buy the um3x then when I purchased the Miles Davis he got all worked up and like got offended and started attacking my purchase and reasoning... I'm just ignoring him, he can insult me and Monster all he wants, I've done my homework on the Miles Davis, so I know I'm getting what I, ME, MYSELF, really wants... LOL... I was just trying to be nice to him in the above post I do not want the westones, nope, sorry...

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #34 of 117
Honestly its an impossible decision to make perfectly. Its not like you can reasonably try out every one of the expensive headphones you are considering and the manifold opinions and constantly shifting prices make the decision even more confusing. I just got an email offering me a new pair of MTPCs for 200$ shipped. Now I am questioning my $330 MD purchase all over again.

oy vey.

Jun 6, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #36 of 117

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, I knew the guy was a bit odd when he sent me these super detailed pm's trying to get me to buy the um3x then when I purchased the Miles Davis he got all worked up and like got offended and started attacking my purchase and reasoning... I'm just ignoring him, he can insult me and Monster all he wants, I've done my homework on the Miles Davis, so I know I'm getting what I, ME, MYSELF, really wants... LOL... I was just trying to be nice to him in the above post I do not want the westones, nope, sorry...

That's messed up.

Jun 6, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #37 of 117
Yea, tell me about it...
Is that not allowed here or something?? I knew the guy wasn't coming at me straight, but I didn't know who he was so I didn't want to start trouble... Look I'm from the streets of Jersey, I know when someones trying to play me... I like this site so I didn't want to start any beef...
But yea anyway I'm getting my MILES DAVIS MONSTERS and I can't wait!

Jun 6, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #38 of 117

Quote:
Yea, tell me about it...
Is that not allowed here or something?? I knew the guy wasn't coming at me straight, but I didn't know who he was so I didn't want to start trouble... Look I'm from the streets of Jersey, I know when someones trying to play me... I like this site so I didn't want to start any beef...
But yea anyway I'm getting my MILES DAVIS MONSTERS and I can't wait!

THE STREETS OF JERSEY!!! 
ph34r.gif

Just teasing! You'll enjoy your MDs, just let them burn-in a little. And pm soundmatters12 if you need any help--he's the monster rep for head-fi. He's helped me with my coppers.

Jun 6, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #39 of 117
wow man thanks for all the info...
soundmatters12 being a rep and all what does that mean? I'm a total n00b when it comes to all this so if I got a question no matter how n00bish it may be i'm going to ask (no shame in my game)... I was maybe thinking about grabbing the coppers for my girl... Should I talk to him about that??
No matter what man thanks for coming to my defense earlier and all...

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #40 of 117

Quote:
wow man thanks for all the info...
soundmatters12 being a rep and all what does that mean? I'm a total n00b when it comes to all this so if I got a question no matter how n00bish it may be i'm going to ask (no shame in my game)... I was maybe thinking about grabbing the coppers for my girl... Should I talk to him about that??
No matter what man thanks for coming to my defense earlier and all...

No probs.

soundmatters12 works for Monster Cable. Go ahead and pm him. Just get the coppers from an authorized Monster seller like onecall and you should be fine.

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #41 of 117
Rgr that! Already Pm'd... is there any certain way that you think I should burn in the Miles davis to have it done the right way???

Jun 6, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #43 of 117

Quote:
Rgr that! Already Pm'd... is there any certain way that you think I should burn in the Miles davis to have it done the right way???

Burn in itself is kind of questionable (I'm in the "It's your mind 'burning in to the sound'" camp.), and there isn't really a "wrong" way. Many people either suggest pink noise or just playing your favorite music on a loop.

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #44 of 117

Quote:

Maybe not a certain way, but playing a varied playlist of one's music at the loud side of normal listening volume (but not crazy loud) for at least 100hrs is a good method.

People freak out about burn-in, but Monster Cable believes in it, and it couldn't hurt, so why not? Check out dweaver's thread using two different sets of coppers.

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #45 of 117

Quote:
Maybe not a certain way, but playing a varied playlist of one's music at the loud side of normal listening volume (but not crazy loud) for at least 100hrs is a good method.

People freak out about burn-in, but Monster Cable believes in it, and it couldn't hurt, so why not? Check out dweaver's thread using two different sets of coppers.

I just read that thread. Seems interesting. I kind of want to try it just for the heck of it for the pair of Coppers I'm getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back