Looking for an upgrade
Mar 6, 2011 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

arrao

New Head-Fier
I currently own Klipsch Image S4 headphones which are in-ear buds. Over the past couple of days I've been looking into getting a new pair of higher-end over the ear headphones.

I don't really have a price range, but nothing too crazy high. I am looking for something that is obviously comfortable because I wear them throughout most of the day. Something that has good bass response and good at isolating sound. I am not a fan of sound cancelling, but rather something that isolates the sound so people around me can't hear my music. 

I have read about the Sennheiser HD600s, the AKG line, and dre beats (seem overrated), but was wondering what you guys had as suggestions based off of my interests. 

I know this is the wrong place to post this, but I am also completely new to the Headphone amps since I have never owned one. If you guys have any insight into this matter that would be appreciated as well.

Thank guys

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 5
Welcome to hf!!

Are you looking for a home setup? or portability is a must? 

What's your budget and musical preferences? 

let us know, 
smile.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi sorry it took so long for a response. Anyways my budget is basically up to about $200, and they will be used both at home and on the go, but the portability isn't that important. I am into many different genres of music, but am kind of a bass head. Like I said before, something that isolates sound well is a must. 

Mar 23, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #4 of 5
From what I've read and researched personally, I think it would be a better idea to stick with IEM's for portable/outdoor use. Not because headphones are a hassle, but because most of the headphones mentioned here aren't as isolating as you think they are.  I would personally stick with IEM's outdoors, and headphones at home.

But of course, you can, and I encourage you to, try them out at your local audio store and what not and decide for yourself. If possible bring a friend to gauge noise leak. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back