Looking for an IEM to...
Feb 14, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #17 of 22
I just got ny Xcapes from Bugden Audio today...Thanks Ethan great service!

Great little package. Simple cube sized box holding a carrying case with four sets of tips secured by some foam. Looks like I can get my whole rig (Clip & Xcapes) in the case.

More on the sound after some burn in, but right out of the box they sound pretty good with the bi flanges.

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
I emailed Bugden this morning (replied to my order confirmation) and the response when I got home from work was they were shipping this morning and I should have them by next week.

I placed an order for Eternas on Thursday, they were processed over the weekend, and I should recieve em this week.

Quote:
I just got ny Xcapes from Bugden Audio today...Thanks Ethan great service!

Great little package. Simple cube sized box holding a carrying case with four sets of tips secured by some foam. Looks like I can get my whole rig (Clip & Xcapes) in the case.

More on the sound after some burn in, but right out of the box they sound pretty good with the bi flanges.

That was quick! Post a review if you can.

Feb 15, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #20 of 22
My intial impressions are pretty positive, not as dark or bassy as my Porta Pro. I used them for a little last night and let them run overnight and today while I was at work. Not sure they sound a whole lot different than right out of the box. I've tried different tips and experimenting with how they sit in my ears. So far I like the bi flanges the best. I think I finally got them to sit in my ear so they sound fuller and warmer. They have lot's of energy in the mids and can do guitars pretty good. I'm listening to the Tom Petty Live Anthology right now. Spike just ended and Any Way You Want it just started. Anyway my heads bobbing a bit. Also I dont really find the bass lacking, which seems to be one of the Knocks against the Xcape. The bass is sort of Gradoesque, which I'm fine with.

I rolled on as the sky grew dark
I put the pedal down to make some time
There's something good waiting down this road
I'm picking up whatever is mine 

Yeah running down a dream
That never would come to me
Working on a mystery
Going wherever it leads
Running down a dream

BTW this Tom Petty Live Anthology kicks ass
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #21 of 22
The Xcapes have at least sixty hours of burn in at this point and they sound fuller and warmer than they did right out of the box While in general I would characterize the SQ as good, the overall signature though is nothing like the supra aural presentation I get from my Grado's or even the Porta Pro's. That's not necessarily a huge drawback it just is what it is. I dont have a lot of experience with IEM's, so I dont know to what extent that issue fades as you spend more money. They sound good though, well balanced, articulate, and musical. I'm glad I bought them. I think they give me an upgrade to my portable rig even though I am very fond of my Porta Pro's. The Xcapes came with a little case to store them in that's big enough to tuck my Clip into as well. Have pocket will travel
smile_phones.gif

Anybody have any thoughts on tips. I've read the Sony hybrids are good or would foam comply's be better?

Feb 21, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #22 of 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back