Looking for a pair of headphones suitable for gaming on a budget (details inside)
Aug 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Siegfried262

New Head-Fier
[size=small] Hi guys, I looked through the sidebar before posting here but I was curious if you guys could help me refine my search.[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] -Budget: 150-200ish max.[/size]

[size=small] -Prefer open but closed is good too.[/size]

[size=small] -No amp required.[/size]

[size=small] -Comfort is important, I'd like to be able to listen to these for long periods.[/size]

[size=small] -Isolation isn't a concern.[/size]

[size=small] -Not opposed to buying used or refurbished.[/size]

[size=small] -Source will be onboard audio from my computer. (Mini-ITX build so unfortunately no expansion slot available for a sound card) Are there any good USB soundcards out there?[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] These are mostly for gaming (Getting them alongside the computer I'm building) but I also watch a lot of movies on my pc. As for music I listen to a wide variety but mostly 80's and power metal.[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] I currently use a pair of Audio Technica AD-300 I got for Christmas last year. They're super comfortable but have zero bass. I'm not a basshead/don't need a lot of bass but it would be nice to have some base.[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] I'm looking at a few different models at the moment.[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] -Beyerdynamic DT-770/990[/size]

[size=small] -Ultrasone HFI-580[/size]

[size=small] -Sennheiser HD-518/558/598[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] Any insight/suggestions/experience with these headphones would be very appreciated. Thank you.[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 4
The beyer that you listed is good and would fit the bill nicely. Also consider the hd598. The beyer will have A LOT more bass and the 598 is better for gaming with it's incredible soundstage.

gL!!

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 4
I saw a pair used but MINT for sale here earlier. You might get a good deal on them if that is the direction you want to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back