Looking for a DAC/AMP under 300 for AD700's and eventually AD2000's!
Oct 4, 2011 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

psychoplast

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, 

atm ive been listening to AD700's happily, but ive been looking around for a solid DAC/amp to buy, especially since the headphone jack on my laptop is totally busted :frowning2:. ive been looking at the FIIO E7, Nuforce uDAC2, and the ZERO, but i cant really tell the difference in performance and how much improvement each one gives relative to my headphone choice. Any suggestions?

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
The Ad700 won't benefit from an amp. A DAC may help depending on your computer's onboard audio, but you'd be better off buying the Ad900 or saving for the Ad2000 before worrying about an amp/dac.

yea i thought it wouldnt help the 700 sound as much, but im in pretty dire need of a DAC now because of my laptop headphone jack being busted, and looking for the best combo for it 

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #4 of 4
Do you not have a headphone jack in the back of your computer and in the front? If not and you really need a DAC, the FiiO E7 isn't a bad choice since it has a nice clean bass boost. If you don't plan to use the DAC/Amp for portable you can also consider the FiiO E10 which is coming out soon. Mp4nation has a pre-order for the E10 which gives a free pair of Brainwavz Beta IEMs which are fantastic.

Heck, for $300 you could order the Ad900 and the E10 while getting great IEMs for free!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back