Looking for a closed can alternative
Apr 14, 2011 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Ze_Blitzkrieg

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, Recently purchased an AKG K601 and am really enjoying it. The point of this post is that I am tossing around the idea of a getting a closed can to add to my repertoire.  I have done some looking around and searching on the forums, but most of what I found were older threads, and since I know absolutely nothing about the closed can market, I did not know if there were any new additions out there that might be better than what I found from reading those older posts.

What I am in search of is a closed can around the $200 price point to augment my K601's.  The type of sound I am looking for from them would be best described as follows. . .and yes, maybe I am just on a pipe dream with these desires, but oh well 
rolleyes.gif
. . .

•  Similar to the HD600's, where you can listen for hours and hours and never feel fatigued the least bit. . .but I do not want the "veil" that I find in the HD600's.
  •  I would like for the bass to reach a little lower, like that of my DT990's.
  •  The soundstage would preferable be closer than either of the previously mentioned headphones, as I am looking for a smaller soundstage, but still not where I feel like I'm neck deep in the band's amps.
  •  Lastly, I do not want any harsh trebles. . .of course this probably goes along with them not being fatiguing.  

General idea is that I want a nice semi-balanced sound, with slightly rolled off highs, a little more bass extension and impact (no bass canons though), and not fatiguing.

Before I repeat myself again, which I feel like I already did once (sorry for that), I will lastly say that these will be used primarily for rock and heavy metal as my K601's will completely fill my time with orchestra, most OST's, and for gaming.

Thanks in advance,

-Blitz

P.S.  Oh, and I have my Fiio E9 for amplification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back