Looking At The Beyerdynamic DT770. Which Is Best?
Sep 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

biggbenn74

500+ Head-Fier
Hello again, Head-Fi.

My question today is: Which one of the DT770's is best suited for my music tastes? I use my iPod a lot and my FiiO E11. I also run a soundboard once a week. But, tey will be used mainly for iPod music. I listen to dubstep, jazz, dance and classical, in that order from listened to most to least. One more thing, budget is 200, so if there is a better Beyerdynamic model, I'd happily accept it.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to responses.

KCCO- BiggBenn

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
Hello again, Head-Fi.
My question today is: Which one of the DT770's is best suited for my music tastes? I use my iPod a lot and my FiiO E11. I also run a soundboard once a week. But, tey will be used mainly for iPod music. I listen to dubstep, jazz, dance and classical, in that order from listened to most to least. One more thing, budget is 200, so if there is a better Beyerdynamic model, I'd happily accept it.
Thanks for reading. Looking forward to responses.
KCCO- BiggBenn

I like the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm a little better then the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm.
But if you can get the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm for a really good price, just get the 80-Ohm then.

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 8
I like the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm a little better then the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm.
But if you can get the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm for a really good price, just get the 80-Ohm then.

Why do you like the 250 better than the 80? What are the benefits?

Also, on an unrelated note, how do you like your takstar headphones?

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Why do you like the 250 better than the 80? What are the benefits?
Also, on an unrelated note, how do you like your takstar headphones?

I think the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm have a (little) more balanced sound then the Pro 80-Ohm.
The 80-Ohm might be a better choice for portable audio players with limited voltage output.
Takstar to me are the best value (Velour ear pads) for a headphone, easy match (or better) audio quality of other headphones in their price range.
I'm holding off buying the Takstar Pro80 until they come Velour ear pads.

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 8
I think the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm have a (little) more balanced sound then the Pro 80-Ohm.
The 80-Ohm might be a better choice for portable audio players with limited voltage output.
Takstar to me are the best value (Velour ear pads) for a headphone, easy match (or better) audio quality of other headphones in their price range.
I'm holding off buying the Takstar Pro80 until they come Velour ear pads.

Thank you so much. Also, the Technical Pro hpt990 looks to be the same headphones, but with a case and cheaper price. I wonder what they are like?

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Thank you so much. Also, the Technical Pro hpt990 looks to be the same headphones, but with a case and cheaper price. I wonder what they are like?

As far as I can tell the Technical Pro HPT990 are the same headphones as the Takstar Hi2050.
No one has posted (that I've seen) that they bought the Technical Pro HPT900 and said they are different headphones from the Hi2050s.

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 8
As far as I can tell the Technical Pro HPT990 are the same headphones as the Takstar Hi2050.
No one has posted (that I've seen) that they bought the Technical Pro HPT900 and said they are different headphones from the Hi2050s.

Ok. Now I'm even more interested in the Technical Pros. I think my focus has now shifted toward them. :D and for 50 bucks, it's worth a shot, right?

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Ok. Now I'm even more interested in the Technical Pros. I think my focus has now shifted toward them.
biggrin.gif
and for 50 bucks, it's worth a shot, right?

At $50, yea they are worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back