Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
Aug 11, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #271 of 2,910
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting. Since there is much more content out there in 5.1 than 7.1, seems to me while it would be best to have both, 5.1 is the one to nail in a calibration.

Today was my day over at Mi Casa.

See this post on AVS Forum for my reaction.

Sep 6, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #273 of 2,910
Hi there
smile.gif

I'm really interested in the svs, and I might need your opinion.

I would like to know if the SVS can reproduce sound, exactly like a home theater at 10000$.
If yes, in this case, why buying a Home Theater at three times the price of the svs, if the quallity sounds the same ?

Thank you.

Sep 7, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #275 of 2,910
Thanks Edwood for your answer.

I saw you bought some great tactile transducer on ebay.
How much did you pay for that ?

Sep 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #279 of 2,910
They work like speakers. They need an amplifier. Since the Realiser has a dedicated Tactile Transducer output with low pass "filter" option, you don't need to use Crowson's amps or preamp. You can use a standard stereo amp, as long as it is within the correct specs.

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #282 of 2,910
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And headphones are just glorified miniature speakers.

I'll bet real money you've never heard the SVS system before.
rolleyes.gif

There's a difference between the miniature ear speaker comparison and the DSP comparison, mine makes sense. A stereo to 5.1 DSP already exists and it does the exact same thing that the SVS Realizer does, except it's free.

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #283 of 2,910
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spraj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a difference between the miniature ear speaker comparison and the DSP comparison, mine makes sense. A stereo to 5.1 DSP already exists and it does the exact same thing that the SVS Realizer does, except it's free.

So, you haven't heard the SVS Realizer. I have and it made me think the speakers were still playing when the sound switched to the headphones. It was a perfect speaker emulation, with sound coming from 10-15 feet away and not inside my head.

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #284 of 2,910
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, you haven't heard the SVS Realizer. I have and it made me think the speakers were still playing when the sound switched to the headphones. It was a perfect speaker emulation, with sound coming from 10-15 feet away and not inside my head.

Have you heard this Stereo -> 5.1 DSP though?

Maybe I'm having some trouble choking down the price tag. I just don't see the importance of this, at all.

Sep 10, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #285 of 2,910
OK, I win real money. You haven't actually heard the Smyth SVS Realiser before IN PERSON.

Also, again, you are incorrect. The Smyth Realiser takes up to 8 channels of separate audio signals and processes them. It does not take 2 Channel Stereo and magically recreate multi-channel sound.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back