Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
Sep 30, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #348 of 2,910
Lorr told me that AIX can take me on a weekend but only on certain weekends. At this rate I may have to wait until December because I plan on taking the entire month off. This will suck having this cool device sit here for two+ months with no calibration files
frown.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #349 of 2,910
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lorr told me that AIX can take me on a weekend but only on certain weekends. At this rate I may have to wait until December because I plan on taking the entire month off. This will suck having this cool device sit here for two+ months with no calibration files
frown.gif

Hmm, weekends work for me! I'll have to give Lorr a call on that.

Oct 5, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #350 of 2,910
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's my plan as well - to get 5.1 and 7.1 at both.

So the Realiser can calibrate for both 5.1 and 7.1?

Sent the check in. Looks likely that I'll only be able to calibrate at AIX in December. Bummer.

I'll try and find something local in the meantime.

Oct 5, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #351 of 2,910
Quote:

So the Realiser can calibrate for both 5.1 and 7.1?

Sent the check in. Looks likely that I'll only be able to calibrate at AIX in December. Bummer.

I'll try and find something local in the meantime.

Why December? Is that the Christmas break at AIX?

Oct 5, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #352 of 2,910
Good news - I spoke to the guys at Emotiva at RMAF, and they have no plans to raise or lower the UMC-1 price, even though they are not making money on them at the ridiculously low price on it now. It brings them customers for the rest of their gear.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #353 of 2,910
Quote:

Why December? Is that the Christmas break at AIX?

No it's the only time I can get a decent amount of time off to make this happen.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #354 of 2,910
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good news - I spoke to the guys at Emotiva at RMAF, and they have no plans to raise or lower the UMC-1 price, even though they are not making money on them at the ridiculously low price on it now. It brings them customers for the rest of their gear.

Are they demo'ing the UMC-1 at the RMAF show? And do they have a ship date? Seems like that unit has been "in production" for months... !

Oct 6, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #355 of 2,910
Quote:

Are they demo'ing the UMC-1 at the RMAF show? And do they have a ship date? Seems like that unit has been "in production" for months... !

No, they didn't have a demo available at the show. I didn't ask them many more questions.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #357 of 2,910
Quote:

No, they didn't have a demo available at the show. I didn't ask them many more questions.

How about a ship date for the unit ?

Oct 7, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #358 of 2,910
Quote:

Quote:

How about a ship date for the unit ?

^

Oct 7, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #359 of 2,910
Quote:

I didn't ask them many more questions.

Checked their web site. The blog says they are still working on some final software issues before shipping.

Seems at odds with the statement that the unit is "in production". Hmm....

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #360 of 2,910
Quote:

No it's the only time I can get a decent amount of time off to make this happen.

OK. I'm going to try and make some time to go down there once the units are available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back