London Head-Fi Meet April 2013
Apr 27, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #16 of 134
I hope everyone heard the Technics RP-FDA100 enjoyed it. It is truly a piece of masterpiece... of awfulness. I think I manage to save everyone from pain by not gifting it in the raffle, it would be very cruel. Yet another excellent Head-Fi meet, looking forward to the next one.

Apr 27, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #18 of 134
Totally agreed, superb video and even more impressive considering he got it up in such a short time. Many thanks GSARider!

Apr 27, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #19 of 134
Very nice headfi meet, thanks everyone for organising it! Apart from trying out all sort of gears, unexpectedly I was able to get new insight on Fuji X100s thanks to Jude, cheers! 

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #21 of 134
Could a Moderator move this to the meet impressions forum or even better cut and paste it into the
new London thread on the meet impressions forum.

thanks

Apr 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #22 of 134
Quote:
Thanks chaps, glad you like it. There was talk of organising another later in the year, similar format to this one. I'll have a chat with the parties concerned who made this one happen and take it from there.

I really do hope so. I'm absolutely gutted I couldn't make it in the end :frowning2:

Apr 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #23 of 134
Quote:
Thanks chaps, glad you like it. There was talk of organising another later in the year, similar format to this one. I'll have a chat with the parties concerned who made this one happen and take it from there.

gs1000.gif
  This morning while I was packing my Burson Conductor I was thinking why oh why did I say I will be bringing all this stuff with me. Then I realised how it must've been for people like Shipsupt who had a mini-meet just on his table. That was one of the highlights of the show for me, so many thanks for that mate (as well as to anyone else who went out of their way to spoil us with choice). Needless to say that also includes the sponsors. But shall this happen again next year, one thing I know for sure. I will bring even more stuff for folks to audition, if all is well. Consider me subscribed. :)

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #24 of 134
Awesome meet, was great to meet everyone and put faces to the names.

Thanks to Sennheiser for sponsoring it and Nadeem for organising it. Had a blast, wish i could have stayed longer.

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #26 of 134
It was great seeing everyone there and getting to listen on stuff I can't currently afford as well as stuff I've been very curious about. The event have both saved me money badly spent and yet increased the likelihood of me splashing out later on in the year. I'd be quite pleased with another meet this year, but please, larger sandwiches!

Big thanks to Sennheiser and GSARider!

Apr 28, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #27 of 134
Congrats on such a great meet!  That's gotta be the most beautiful room I've seen and what a line-up...also love to see so many people out.

With all that other stuff, did anyone get a chance to check out that Tera Player and have any immediate impressions on it?

@shipsupt said he saved me money by not having a chance to check it out    
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 28, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #28 of 134
Thanks go to Nadeem for making this happen , despite the numbers there it felt cosy and like we were all instant friends. The atmosphere was laid back and it didn't feel like a rush until 1545 when I realised everyone was packing up. I got a chance to try the orpheus quite early on, it was only for a few minutes. The other big name hi end headphones I tried were the Grado P1000 , the Beyer T1, and the Sennheiser IE800 IEMs (they're 600 quid!). The stand out headphones for me were a pair of Stax Sigma's on shipsupt's table going through a woo audio amp; I was stunned by their effortless sound and the instrumentation was so wide, even compared to the HD800. The noise level meant that the tryoing on of the phones was just a bit of fun really to give you a taste of what they're like. The Sennheiser workshop held by Axel Grell was fascinating and that he sees us the listeners as one of the key determinants of sound quality is high praise indeed. The IE800 was very impressive , I tried it in an Allen and Heath DAP on the Sennheiser stand and my Sony XBA4ips sounded thin in comparison. Yi was a new found friend with lots of insight and suggested this was more an impedance mismatch than an obvious difference in sound quality. There was lots of good advice, good ideas being exchanged; I learnt a lot. Oh and I won a HifiMan HM601 DAP -:O) Looking forward to the next one , the 8 hours round trip on the coach was well worth it.

Apr 28, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #29 of 134
Thanks to GSARider, the sponsors, trade and hotel staff for all the work to make 6 hours pass so quickly and enjoyably.
An equally large thanks to everyone who brought the small mountain of equipment available to demo. A more friendly room of people would be hard to find.
See you all next time.

Apr 28, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #30 of 134
This was my first head-fi meet, I went by myself but never felt alone, what an amazing event. Thanks very much GSArider, the sponsors and the great hotel staff. The day went very quickly but I had lots of opportunities to demo gear that I've never heard and would likely never hear had it not been for this event. Looking forward to future meets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back