London Calling...19th October, 2013.
May 18, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #241 of 618
Custom Cable will be involved again and will be bringing along their vast range of headphones, Amps, Cables, etc.  No other dealers will be invited as we don't want to turn this into an indoor Tottenham Court Road...!

I have never been to a head-fi meet before, but have been to Hi-Fi meets, and the biggest thing I feel I gained was being able to listen to so many different brands and models.

As a number interesting brands do not seem to have a UK HQ presence and may have only a couple of authorized UK retailers (e.g. Audeze have only 2 & Hifiman have 3 according to their sites) - Can we not reach out to a few more carefully selected retailers to see if they are interested to ensure the greatest coverage? As long as they don't overlap brands significantly then could be in everyone's interests.

May 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #242 of 618
There are a number of brands coming, who won't be selling anything - just displaying their headphones / amps / dacs, etc. once they're all confirmed I will post up details. However I can say that we have the likes of Beyer Dynamic, Audio Technica, Grado, Arcam, IFI Audio, Shure, German Maestro, Final Audio Design, coming along. With retailers, they do overlap considerably.

Besides this, I think you'll find that members bring along plenty of gear to try in any case.

May 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #243 of 618
Quote:
Audiophile ear cleanliness is no joke. As a long standing member of Headfi you should know that. No need to bring your own earbuds though. Nadeem has arranged sponsorship of ear cleaning by Q Tip.

sorry, but I don't do stuff like that, worried about ear infections and all the bad sides of ear cleaning so... I guess I'm just a bit paranoid, also, I'm not so much an in ear person 

May 18, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #244 of 618
sorry, but I don't do stuff like that, worried about ear infections and all the bad sides of ear cleaning so... I guess I'm just a bit paranoid, also, I'm not so much an in ear person 

Okay, it was a joke right from the start, there is no ear cleaning service - please be clear on this. We do need volunteers to help out with various things such as manning the quiet listening room for an hour each. You made it clear that you are not willing to help out with anything, no matter what it is, a few posts back, so let's move on.

For others coming can we please have some more volunteers to man the quiet room, I think we need two more.

May 19, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #245 of 618
By the way are we setting up a gear list, or is it too far away from the date to start with the page long gear spam lists again? :wink:

Also what does helping out in the quiet room involve? I can probably shove in an hour's help if its not tedious :wink:

May 19, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #246 of 618
Updated List:

GSARider + 1
CraftyClown +2
Cakensaur
markgreville
Somnambulist
Corate
Spakka
Progenitor
Krismusic
Turrican2
Louis940
jr41
sanadsaad
Tangster
negura
Swimsonny +2
Duncan +2
MrQ
eskimo
hifimanrookie +1
CantScareMe
RevC
Takeanidea
dill3000 +2
granty1988
Monkfish
Julian H
LFC_SL
Artcheezzz +1
Paul Graham
headinclouds
stefanhartman +1
FortisFlyer75 +1
Acapella11
uchihaitachi +1
SamHedges
MarkyB16
Kryten123
NevilleM
Tamashii
headphone man07 (tbc)
Taliesin
amir_i +1
KT66
randomkid (tbc)
Sceptre
vkevdam
Flexpen76
eitook
akeemali

Total =

Quiet Room Manning from 10am to 3pm:

10am to 11am: jr41

11am to 12pm: kt66

1pm to 2pm: Cakensaur

2pm to 3pm

May 19, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #247 of 618
Quote:
By the way are we setting up a gear list, or is it too far away from the date to start with the page long gear spam lists again? :wink:

Also what does helping out in the quiet room involve? I can probably shove in an hour's help if its not tedious :wink:

Just sitting in the room and watch the gear basically.
smily_headphones1.gif
And ensure that folk don't stay too long and allow others access - 15 mins or so each if it's busy.
Craftyclown is going to look at the gear list - perhaps a separate thread? However it's still too early to do this.

May 19, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #248 of 618
Alright cool, that sounds like something even I'm unlikely to mess up :wink:
May i have the 1-2pm slot please?

May 19, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #250 of 618
Quote:

Sorry if I stressed you out with my "joke". I was probably a bit too convincing! Hope you enjoy the meet. 
happy_face1.gif

May 20, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #254 of 618
Quote:
FYI and going by the interest in the new Astell & Kern AK120 DAP...they will be at the meet with the new player ready for demos. Also Shure will have their new IEM's ready too.

Cool, thanks. I had a good listen to the AK100 at the last meet (as I'm looking for a good DAP to go with my JH-13s) and I was impressed with it, so it'll be interesting to hear the 120. Not sure I'll be able to get past the price tag though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back