London Calling...19th October, 2013.
May 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #228 of 618
Quote:
wait, wut!? sorry but I can't really be volunteering sorry.

Err, sorry but it's too late. I have you down for ear cleaning duties between 1-3pm

Report to me first thing and I will give you a box of cotton buds. It will be your job to go round cleaning everyone's ears during the afternoon, to maximise potential audiophile nirvarna amongst attendees.

Hope this is ok?

May 16, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #230 of 618
time for the dinosaur to come out of hiding...
please include me and +1 (da missus!), really looking forward to this.. have taken close to 3 years hiatus now

May 17, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #231 of 618
Quote:

Err, sorry but it's too late. I have you down for ear cleaning duties between 1-3pm

Report to me first thing and I will give you a box of cotton buds. It will be your job to go round cleaning everyone's ears during the afternoon, to maximise potential audiophile nirvarna amongst attendees.

Hope this is ok?

I'm assuming this is a joke...
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #232 of 618
Is anyone bringing any Woo Audio products to the meet as im really curious as to how they sound and the dont have any UK dealers to my knowledge, so this would be the only time i could try some out, interested in the WA6 and WA2.

May 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #233 of 618
I'm assuming this is a joke... :D

Audiophile ear cleanliness is no joke. As a long standing member of Headfi you should know that. No need to bring your own earbuds though. Nadeem has arranged sponsorship of ear cleaning by Q Tip.

May 18, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #235 of 618
Quote:
Audiophile ear cleanliness is no joke. As a long standing member of Headfi you should know that. No need to bring your own earbuds though. Nadeem has arranged sponsorship of ear cleaning by Q Tip.

!! Any audiophile knows that using cotton buds to clean ears is a terrible idea! All they do is compact the wax (rather than remove it), and if the tip comes off in your ear well... Here is a nice story:

Man uses cotton bud to clean ear. Cotton tip comes off in ear. Man goes to A&E (the correct place). ENT doctor pulls out cotton bud with tweezers, along with some small crunchy things. 
Man is stone deaf in that ear. 
Crunchy bits = all the inner ear bones. 

Moral of the story: Don't use Q tips!

May 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #238 of 618
Looks like its gonna be another cracking one.

May 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #240 of 618
I would consider bringing my stax gear but will be busy with the blind test for much of the day. I am trying to think of a way round this that doesn't put anyone else out so have not ruled it out yet. If shipsupt ends up going then he will have the magical sigma pros (or are they the 404s) and you're in for a treat if you're interested in the stax brand otherwise I would like to think that at least one or two stax setups should be there
Trev

Users who are viewing this thread

Back