London Calling...19th October, 2013.
May 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #196 of 618
I'm in.

And I'll stay over if others want to share food again!

I'll be buying some more kit before this event but was touched by the ref to the Sonosax.

I'm trying out some other portable hi end setups to try and better the Sonosax.  It's a tough bit of kit to beat.

Look forward to seeing you all in October.  Thanks Nadeem for your great enthusiasm and organisational skills.

Quote:

Ultrasone

The last rig I listened to at the meet was one of the best-sounding I had ever heard. It was a closed-back Ultrasone headphone used in combo with a the Sonosax SX-DA2 and fed by an iriver player.

This rig had an amazing sound that was very clean and clear with a lovely, perfect tonal balance that I did not find fault with. The deep bass and a slightly warm sound was a delightful experience.

May 13, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #198 of 618
Cheers chaps.

I have one thing that someone might be able to help with I hope - we have Russ Poole coming along to share his musical skills with us and he's offered to do a short set as well as a talk on the recording of his songs. To this end, some kind of small PA system would be great. Can anyone help out?

May 13, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #199 of 618
Quote:
I'm in.

And I'll stay over if others want to share food again!

I'll be buying some more kit before this event but was touched by the ref to the Sonosax.

I'm trying out some other portable hi end setups to try and better the Sonosax.  It's a tough bit of kit to beat.

Look forward to seeing you all in October.  Thanks Nadeem for your great enthusiasm and organisational skills.

Quote:

Ultrasone

The last rig I listened to at the meet was one of the best-sounding I had ever heard. It was a closed-back Ultrasone headphone used in combo with a the Sonosax SX-DA2 and fed by an iriver player.

This rig had an amazing sound that was very clean and clear with a lovely, perfect tonal balance that I did not find fault with. The deep bass and a slightly warm sound was a delightful experience.

I agree, this was the first thing I listened to with my HD800s and it was the only portable rig that I didn't find too bright. The ultrasones sounded nice too, but I didn't listen too long with them. My only criticism is that it wouldn't fit in a pocket 
size]

May 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #200 of 618
Quote:

I agree, this was the first thing I listened to with my HD800s and it was the only portable rig that I didn't find too bright. The ultrasones sounded nice too, but I didn't listen too long with them. My only criticism is that it wouldn't fit in a pocket 
size]

Any idea what the Ultrasones were?

May 13, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #201 of 618
Cheers chaps.

I have one thing that someone might be able to help with I hope - we have Russ Poole coming along to share his musical skills with us and he's offered to do a short set as well as a talk on the recording of his songs. To this end, some kind of small PA system would be great. Can anyone help out?

Now sorted chaps.

May 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #204 of 618
Quote:
Just in case it's unclear, Russ will be doing a short set hopefully around lunchtime, most like likely around 20 mins.

A live music set at a Headfi meet, personally I'm really pleased...
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds good :D

Talking of sounding good... liking my updated home rig... will probably take it along :)

May 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #205 of 618
Quote:
Sounds good :D

Talking of sounding good... liking my updated home rig... will probably take it along :)

What have you updated to then Duncan?  

I am hoping to have a pair of those Sony 7520 studio cans (the cans the Z1000's never where) with a custom cable by Whiplash Audio with one of their TWag cables which you can listen to.   

p.s. could not wait - got offered a good loyalty deal with contract renewal by my network but they did not have the HTC One so went with the Xperia Z in the end which after a Crapberry is like going from wheel & cart to the Starship Enterprise! 

I

May 14, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #206 of 618
Hi Fortis...

I received the LCD2's yesterday (traded the HD800 for them, some may see that as a daft manoeuver, but - never really had much love for the Senns, and knowing that the Audeze' are known to mate well with my amp..............

...Makes the FI-BA-SB that I got last week sound not so good now (relatively of course), question I have to ask myself now is, do I live with a compromise, or - do I finally pluck up the courage to get some CIEMs...

Hmm...

May 14, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #209 of 618
Quote:
Any chance someone comimg to this meet has the Beyerdynamic headzone amp, I'm really curious to see if it actually works well with the T1s

Beyerdynamic will be along and will bring the A1 and the new A20 amp or so I have been told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back