Logitech UE6000
May 13, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #348 of 366
you know i totally forgot that i started this thread a very long time ago LOL i was looking up the ue6000 on headfi and im like hmm whattt ohh yeahhh ..... .. (i've ditched some bad habits since then) anyway im still jamming away on my white ue6000 great cans

im just kind of upset that i paid 200 USD for them back then. things are cheap now

Jul 17, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #349 of 366
bought them for $30, refurbished goods, all looks new other than the headbands doff material is spoiled, need to find a way to clean it I guess, now where did I put my brush...

Sound impression: a steal at the price I pay for it. warm and plentiful bass, a bit harder to drive using passive mode, up to 30 using my M3, sounds balanced and nice though...

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #350 of 366
Jul 21, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #351 of 366
Yep, IMO this still sit below M50x (also MSR7 too in that matter obviously) with its rich(er) treble and more forward mids, overall the ATs gave more details while also being fun.. Soundstage, Isolation and Comfort is slightly better on the UE though. both M50x and MSR7 clamp way too tight out of the box.

Jul 22, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #352 of 366
Does is make sense to buy the Amperior beside my UE6000?
I like the layed back, warm and full sound of the UE6000 much.
I'm not sure if I would like the more aggressive Amperior sound...
For 129€ the Amperior is a bargain IMHO.

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #353 of 366

I think the amperiors are pretty dull and very un comfortable.

Jul 22, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #355 of 366
I'm wearing glasses, so the Amperior wont be comfortable at all I guess...

Same with the ue6000, I wear glasses to its a tab but uncomfortable.

Jul 22, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #356 of 366

I have the UE6000 at the moment just for a short while before it heads to a friend. If you like the laid back, warm and full (fun) sound of the UE6000, it is a bit different than the Amperior.

The Amperior is much brighter, not as rumbling down low (tighter bass though), can be uncomfortable for some but won't be as much comfortable as the UE. 

I would say its a side grade or even down grade depending on preferences. The Amperior is still an excellent headphone, and great set of on-ears. Ultimately, a more full-sized can will give a bigger sound. I would say, investigate into other territory. Look into open headphones, laid back like the HD650 of Fidelio X1 / X2. I think you'd especially enjoy the Fidelio with it rich bass, great comfort and open sound.

UE6000 are really good 'bassy' headphones. I wrote a quick review and comparison of the UE6000 headphone comparing it to my Sony MDR-7520. Ultimately, they are quite enjoyable, but have too much bass-bloat. That said, its perfect for a certain listening experience, which for its intended market is spot on (people want moar bass and I get it). Luckily, a bit of EQ and you can tame this headphone, lowering the bass and bring some sparkle to the upper range timbre. They work well out of an amp on passive mode. Active might work outdoors with its NC, but its not very good. Need NC, get the new Senns or the new Bose QC35.

Anyhow, good headphones for the second hand price.

Jul 23, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #357 of 366
I'm wearing glasses, so the Amperior wont be comfortable at all I guess...

I wear glasses, I find my HD25-1 II very comfortable after splitting the headband a bit.  Same goes for Amperior when I tried it a few years ago.

Aug 4, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #358 of 366
I've done a review of these, you can see them here

http://www.head-fi.org/products/logitech-ue-6000/reviews/16478

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #359 of 366
Sorry to dig up this thread

Are the UE 6000 a good choice these days for 60€? I will use them for PC gaming and to listening to metal (symphonic, heavy, trash) and rock (hard, progressive). Do they have a good sound stage that allows for positional audio? Would they be a good choice for the type of music I like to ear? I like my sound to have some punch in the drums.

Thanks for your help

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #360 of 366
Sorry to dig up this thread

Are the UE 6000 a good choice these days for 60€? I will use them for PC gaming and to listening to metal (symphonic, heavy, trash) and rock (hard, progressive). Do they have a good sound stage that allows for positional audio? Would they be a good choice for the type of music I like to ear? I like my sound to have some punch in the drums.

Thanks for your help

You should go with the grados series for rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back