Logitech UE6000
Nov 12, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #241 of 366
  i've had mine since january.  still love listening to hip hop/bass heavy music with these paired with my e11.  my daily drivers are ttpod t1e's tho because IEM's are much more portable and easy to deal with.  

With my X5 I have to crank up the volume pretty far. I have an e11 I guess I will break it out.

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #242 of 366
Nov 12, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #243 of 366
how are you liking them?

So far my opinions are...I am not sure I like the sound in active mode, need more time with it.  In passive mode really nice. They have a smooth sound signature. I need more time to be real detailed.

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #244 of 366
So far my opinions are...I am not sure I like the sound in active mode, need more time with it.  In passive mode really nice. They have a smooth sound signature. I need more time to be real detailed.
I don't like it in active mode myself. Most here don't.

And yeah. Smooth and laid back is about it in passive. :)

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #245 of 366

With my X5 I have to crank up the volume pretty far. I have an e11 I guess I will break it out.

yes.  the reason i bought the e11 is because i thought the ue6000 needed just a bit of extra volume when playing on my galaxy s3.  on some newer tracks, they were loud enough, but on some older recordings they didn't quite get loud enough.  the e11 gives it plenty of juice.  i've seen discrepancies regarding the impedance on these.  seen some specs show 32ohms and some specs show 50ohms

Nov 13, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #246 of 366
yes.  the reason i bought the e11 is because i thought the ue6000 needed just a bit of extra volume when playing on my galaxy s3.  on some newer tracks, they were loud enough, but on some older recordings they didn't quite get loud enough.  the e11 gives it plenty of juice.  i've seen discrepancies regarding the impedance on these.  seen some specs show 32ohms and some specs show 50ohms
Tyll's measurement and the manufacturer's listed impedance is around 50ohms. Also I agree. On older tracks, they are pretty quiet. (before the loudness wars)

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #247 of 366
Tyll's measurement and the manufacturer's listed impedance is around 50ohms. Also I agree. On older tracks, they are pretty quiet. (before the loudness wars)

Yes I am surprised that I really have to increase the volume as much as I do using my X5. I have used my e11 with the X5 and of course that gives plenty of ummph. Never really read much that mentioned needing an amp. I have the power so turning up the volume is not an issue.

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #248 of 366
So I know I'm real late to this UE 6000 party but I have been trying to find a good pair of bass booming cans with great isolation/cancellation and here goes MY thoughts on these...

- they are big and bulky, literally like "cans" attached to your ears
- they have a loose fit and I have a 7 3/4" cabesa
- they are not sturdy but are not cheap.. put it this way - Beats that I have seen in stores are plastic pieces of trash; V Modas are solid in every way and are made to be a part of you when you wear them; considering this..the UE 6000 are dead middle between these 2.  They are not too too flimsy but I don't suspect long lasting unless you treat them like a bean on a tamborine.
- sound wise they are pretty good - I prefer the VModa M100s much more in terms of sound style.  There is bass in the UEs but I am a true basshead and I was not impressed.  
- yes the mids and highs are good but look, the rep on these were for great bass (supposedly better then Beats but I don't own them) and it's there with some oomphh in the higher volumes but not enough for me.
- overall the experience was not what was I expecting from all the rave reviews - not at least for $100
- oh yeah, the noise cancellation is complete false advertising- they should call it amp mode because when you hit the switch the sound quality gets better and bass is here but no cancellation for sure - the huge pads on these things do a better than average job at "cancelling" (if Apple ear buds are at the bottom of cancellation and Bose QC25 is at the top, then these are a 4 on the scale)

Nov 21, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #249 of 366
So I know I'm real late to this UE 6000 party but I have been trying to find a good pair of bass booming cans with great isolation/cancellation and here goes MY thoughts on these...

- they are big and bulky, literally like "cans" attached to your ears
- they have a loose fit and I have a 7 3/4" cabesa
- they are not sturdy but are not cheap.. put it this way - Beats that I have seen in stores are plastic pieces of trash; V Modas are solid in every way and are made to be a part of you when you wear them; considering this..the UE 6000 are dead middle between these 2.  They are not too too flimsy but I don't suspect long lasting unless you treat them like a bean on a tamborine.
- sound wise they are pretty good - I prefer the VModa M100s much more in terms of sound style.  There is bass in the UEs but I am a true basshead and I was not impressed.  
- yes the mids and highs are good but look, the rep on these were for great bass (supposedly better then Beats but I don't own them) and it's there with some oomphh in the higher volumes but not enough for me.
- overall the experience was not what was I expecting from all the rave reviews - not at least for $100
- oh yeah, the noise cancellation is complete false advertising- they should call it amp mode because when you hit the switch the sound quality gets better and bass is here but no cancellation for sure - the huge pads on these things do a better than average job at "cancelling" (if Apple ear buds are at the bottom of cancellation and Bose QC25 is at the top, then these are a 4 on the scale)
the noise cancellation actually does work. Try it in the car. It blocks out the low humming of the engine...
Although it doesn't sound as good in active mode as in passive...
And the bass it good. Its the quality that counts on these. :wink: not quantity (not that it isn't boosted at all, but not as much as some other headphones). Check here if you really like bass cans that can thump your head: http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/2610#post_11048170

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #250 of 366
I agree the noise cancellation "works" but in fair comparison to other noise cancelling phones - in a true environment like large warehouse; train station; just walking down the main street in my area - the switch is more of an amp than canceller.  
And you are definitely right - the bass is good and the quality is also good (not "muddy" in the low end) but again I am a bassheads basshead and it just doesn't cut it for me - just my personal likes.

That thread is good and I've seen some recommendations.  My problem is I don't live anywhere that has great headphones for audition.  All my purchases have been through Amazon and other sites.  It's actually really annoying keeping track of the credits/debits to my credit cards and returning them and making sure they are returned properly..yadda yadda yadda.  That's why I am still going crazy trying to find something that exists with my criteria.  I know it probably doesn't exist but I'm sure something very close does and I hope to find it soon.  I'm slowly loosing hope though.

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #251 of 366
Don't forget that the UE6000 need longer burn in.
Everything between your head and the ear cups will result with bass loss, for example if you wear glasses forget about good seal and shaking bass.
The UE6000 need perfect seal to make good pressure in the bass department.:)

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #252 of 366
Don't forget that the UE6000 need longer burn in.
Everything between your head and the ear cups will result with bass loss, for example if you wear glasses forget about good seal and shaking bass.
The UE6000 need perfect seal to make good pressure in the bass department.
smily_headphones1.gif

I am really beginning to enjoy the sound signature...very smooth. The best 69.00 I have ever spent on hp. I found some factory refurbed....look like new, and sound better with each passing day.

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #254 of 366
My brother broke his ZX700 (plug again) and I needed a pair of headphones for my travels (my M50s look disgusting after an unholy amount of use, how in God's name do I clean up the headband?!), so I bought these. Will try out then decide whether to buy another or to just give it to him and search elsewhere (the MDR-1R and SRH-840 are a bit out of budget atm).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back